Powered by Blogger.

On this Memorial Day...

...and every day, my deepest gratitude for those who serve, protect and gave their lives.


Arlington National Cemetery, April, 2010

Yes, pictures are back and just in time. I've got lots of pictures of reunion and I will share them with you tomorrow. It was a wonderful weekend, far surpassing any expectations I had. Though rain was predicted we had three sunny days, and the weather set the tone for our time together. For now I'm going to get a good night's sleep in my own bed -- the dorm beds were adequate, but not like my own bed -- and download my 100+ pictures in the morning. I hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend!

11 comments

Nellie said...

So glad you had a wonderful week-end! It will be good to see your pictures.
Reunions are great!

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't been here in a while. I'll have to catch up with you soon. Hope you have a good night's rest. Your photo is a good reminder of so many who have given so much.

Shell said...

Thank you.
For acknowledging our Vets. My son Andrew included, thankfully home and healthy.

But you're also acknowledging my Dad, my step dad, my bro (Viet Nam in 65) and all the others who served their Country for all of us!

Looking forward to seeing your other pics too, but as a Marine Mom, Thank you!

Hugs and Love,
Shell

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safe and I wish you a restful night and a good day tomorrow. Look forward to the photos.

TARYTERRE said...

Glad you are back home. rest a little. you've been busy. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Memorial Day. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures. Glad you had great weather.

Theresa said...

I haven't been there in MANY years but still remember that feeling when I saw all of these markers! Have a blessed Memorial day dear friend, HUGS!

Ms Sparrow said...

There are far too many veterans cemeteries around the world. Sadly, there is no end to them in sight.

Susie said...

Buttercup, That is a great photo. We love those that have served our country, and those that are still serving. xo, Susie

Unknown said...

So remember the beauty we 4 shared that day in the solemn moments at Arlington together. Gosh! 2 years already, Carol.

TTFN ~
Have a beautiful week ~
Marydon

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I cannot get rid of you from "Being Woven"!! Thanks.

Any picture from Arlington moves me as my Daddy is buried there. Yesterday meant and always means so much to me...not just a day for bar-b-que with friends and/or family, which mine did not.

Thanks for your touch in my life, ~ linda