Powered by Blogger.

All Words Wednesday

Yes, there will be pictures again -- have to document my college reunion that's coming up this weekend -- but probably not until next week. The last week has been tough and I get home from work and I am asleep in a short while, which doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging, or much else. I put off the surgery to go to Rochester, reunion and do a few other things I want to do, but it's getting tougher, i.e., more painful to get around and I am tired when I get home. I've realized -- with some nudges from friends and colleagues -- that I can't just keep pushing and will take off some time before the surgery.

I had a great time in Rochester and I am so glad I made the trip. The graduate is the son of a high school friend who has become family and I have literally known Ben from the day he was born. I so enjoyed celebrating his accomplishments and the wonderful young man he has become. Next week he begins a cross-country bike trip. I've asked him to let us know how we can keep up with his trip and if he chooses to blog I will pass it on. Sadly there were few lilacs. They were a victim of budding early and then fell to the cold weather that followed.

Despite the difficulties right now I am definitely counting my blessings and high on the list are my blog buddies. Take good care and have a sweet Wednesday!

7 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you will be taking some time off. You need to be at your best facing that surgery and not all worn out. Hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!

Nellie said...

As I am a "newbie" following your blog, I hadn't known about your upcoming surgery. When is it scheduled? I wish you well as you prepare yourself for what is coming.

TARYTERRE said...

You are facing a difficult time with surgery ahead of you. i think some time off would do you good. I threw my back out over the weekend and have a gnawing pain in my right side that will not quit. I can only imagine your pain. take care. Do not overdo.

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, I am happy you will be taking some time off. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Keeping you close in my heart and prayers.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I have been really thinking of you a lot lately hoping that everything is going well. I am so glad you are going to take some time off.
Just be gentle with yourself and thanks for still counting your blessings.
God Bless You
Love
Maggie

Yannie said...

God Bless you. You take care.

Susie said...

Wish your friend's son could send us pictures of his cross country trip. wow. Have a fun weekend.Smiles, Susie