Powered by Blogger.

A Very Early May Meeting of the Buttercupland Book Club


When the Buttercupland Book Club first met in April I casually mentioned that I'd love to write about books written by my blog buddies. Immediately I received a response from Terra, of Terra Garden. I've happily been a blog buddy of Terra's for quite awhile and remembered she and a group of blog friends had written a book about Christmas, "Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts." But I didn't realize Terra is also one of the authors of "A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms," newly published and absolutely terrific.

Terra very graciously shared a copy of the book with me, and I am a lucky reader. It is lovely, with the prettiest design and color and lovely, too, with stories and thoughts about the joys of motherhood. I think it would make a great Mother's Day present for beloved mothers, grandmothers, aunts, cousins and Godmothers. Gift wrap a copy, bring a plate of cookies and a jug of lemonade and give the gift of time and talk and memory. The talented authors -- all blog buddies -- share their memories and it's a wonderful springboard to reflecting on memories you share with some of the dearest in your life.  In a very past life I sold books at one of the Cokesbury book stores and this would have been my go-to book for Mother's Day gifts.

Terra is doing a giveaway -- just a few hours left -- but click the link above and do stop by and visit.  Terra, thanks so much for giving me happy hours of reading!

I know there must be other Buttercupland authors. We're a talented group!

Again, thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. I'm walking a little better and not in quite so much pain.

I know I started May blogging a little early, but I'm excited about lots of fun events coming up. I think May is going to be a terrific blog month -- great giveaway for later this week.

Have a terrific Tuesday and a sweet week!

8 comments

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, I have entered Terra's giveaway - it is a lovely book.

I ordered a new book of poetry published by blogger, Connie Arnold.
http://conniearnold.blogspot.com/

Hope you continue to feel better.

Nancy said...

What a great idea Buttercup! Read good books, give your blog buddies some face time and share with us. Love it! :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy 1st day of May! It's Tuesday morning and I'm thinking that the book of 1st's for Moms could go on and on. I've been a Mom for 40 years now and it seems the firsts just keep on happening. I wish your friend success on the new book. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Theresa said...

May is here!!! I am excited about what May is bringing! Beautiful book! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Terra said...

Oh Buttercup, you are so kind to write such glowing words about my new book. Thank you so much!
It will be fun to see who else has books to share with you, dear friend.
Terra Hangen

Cathy Messecar said...

Thanks, Buttercup. I love what one Mom said: that firsts keep happening. Isn't that the truth. Terra is a dear friend and co-author and has the neatest glowing "voice" in print.

Lynda said...

We bought the Christmas book for our church library. It is a good book.

Wandering Writer said...

Thank you for the beautiful review! As one of Terra's coauthors, I agree with "Ma", the firsts do continue. The neat thing about the Word Quilters is that we are all at different stages of life/parenting. Being a mom never stops though.