Powered by Blogger.

Stage Door Buttercup Strikes Again

Yes, it was fun. No, we're just friends. 

Stage Door Buttercup strikes again. Yesterday I went to the theater with a dear friend and her mother-in-law, who just happened to have an extra ticket for "Nice Work If You Can Get It."

It also just happens that I have a ticket for "Nice Work..." for next week, but as Kelli O'Hara is one of my all time favorites, I love Gershwin music and I  (almost) never turn down a ladies matinee day with two delightful people, I happily and gratefully accepted the ticket. And what a good decision it was!

We had lunch at this cute French bistro. They had me with the greeting of "Bonjour." Then we went on to two delightful hours of singing, dancing and fun. We all enjoyed it tremendously and I am still humming "Someone to Watch Over Me."

After the show I decided to walk over to the stage door. My only goal was to get a picture (or two or three). But the cast could not have been friendlier and I got lots of pictures, including my favorite with Matthew Broderick. I also got my Playbill signed by all of the actors you see in the photos and I got to chat (however briefly) with Kelli O'Hara.

Kelli O'Hara and Matthew Broderick at the Stage Door. I love this picture!

Judy Kaye

Michael McGrath and Chris Sullivan

I am one very happy blogger/theater goer/middle aged civil servant! My next task is to get a shadow box to frame my signed Playbill. Sigh of Bliss!

Hope your weekend was as sweet. Have a great Sunday and please stop by tomorrow for the next meeting of the Buttercupland Book Club. The feature is a wonderful book about motherhood. 

17 comments

Ms Sparrow said...

How exciting for you! I'm surprised that the cast were so generous with their time. I would have loved being there with you!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE Gershwin too. Sounds like a lovely musical. How AWESOME to meet the cast. And get photos and autographs. Perfect ending to a wonderful day. take care.

Barbara F. said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am glad to see all these photos. Cute bistro,too. What did you eat? (I am nosy like that! lol) xo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It looks like you really did have a wonderful weekend. Mine is finally winding down here...all the company is gone and I'm just going to put my feet up and rest now. It was a very fast and busy weekend here!

Tanna said...

So glad you enjoyed such a wonderful afternoon with friends!! Perfect! blessings ~ tanna

BLOGZOOM said...

I read your nice comment with great to good humor on "Why I Wake Up Every Day." So not doubt: I want to know you and your blog. Well, I can not lose sight of it and I'll take your link!

Hugs from your new friend "Fairy"!
Believe me, I am!
:)

Theresa said...

Well, look at you rubbing elbows with the celebrities:) I know you had a wonderful time and will enjoy your autographed playbill forEVER! Have a blessed evening dear friend, HUGS!

Lynda said...

That's a good picture of you! How can anyone not like Gershwin?!! How is the pain in your leg?

Teacherfish said...

Wow!
I am available next Sunday

Petronela said...

Holy Moly you're blowing my mind here, you're surrounded by stars dear Buttercup and my suspicion is that they were waiting to get an autograph from you :).
Honestly...lovely to meet you :).

Lorraine said...

That's awesome! I love Matthew Broderick! I remember seeing Al Pacino in a play in NYC when he was at the height of his popularity after the Godfather. He walked by us so fast while we were waiting outside the theatre, that I barely got a glimpse of him. So that's so nice that they took the time to talk and sign autographs with you. What a nice memory!

Catherine said...

Dear Buttercup, What a great weekend. It is so nice to see that the actors were friendly and took the time to chat and sign autographs. Just good fun!
Blessings dear. Catherine xo

Melinda said...

Wow! Lucky gal you are. How much fun was that!
Super memories for you.

Melinda

Susie said...

Buttercup, How wonderful for you. I love the cafe, too. What a great day with lovely memories for you. Smiles, Susie

Mevely317 said...

What a great afternoon, Carol! You look so happy in this picture, and why not!! Ya know, I've always wondered what I might say to a "star" if given a minute.

Ditto the others who've given Gershwin a thumb's up!
("I'm a little lamb who's lost in the woods...." Ahhh!)

Nancy M. said...

How fun! Love the picture of you and Matthew! Very cool! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Paula said...

How wonderful that you got to meet the cast! Especially Matthew Broderick - he is one of my favorites. He looks tired in this picture - so it was especially nice of him to take the time to pose and sign autographs!