Powered by Blogger.

Happy May!

Who are our May birthdays in Buttercupland?

I love May. Winter is definitely over in New York City and the weather is usually warm and sunny. The humidity is yet to come and on a warm and dry night like tonight, it's difficult to imagine that in six weeks I may be standing on the a subway platform "glowing" in sweat.

Two  quick updates...No Spending April was less than a success. Although I don't count paying for activities  in my spending equation, paying a second time for my trip to Rochester went against my goal of thoughtful spending. I learned a valuable lesson, but it was expensive. My other purchase was $70.00 for my new phone. It's not a luxury, but it definitely wasn't planned. I still have to purchase my summer t-shirts, black capris and a pair of shoes. I have a budget of $150. set aside and have started shoe shopping. 

My second update is about my decluttering. I aimed at discarding 100 things and only achieved 71 in April. I do have more space in my front closet and made real headway on two dresser drawers. I also have 15 less books on my shelves. My goals for May are to continue the 100 things project -- and to add the 29 from April, where I fell short of 100. Included in this were at least a dozen pens that no longer wrote. I can't imagine why I didn't do this sooner, but it feels great to know that every pen I pick up actually writes. 

Wishes for a very merry month of May!

13 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Our weather here continues to be a roller coaster up and down every few days. Today we may see 80 but have storms coming in. By the weekend we'll be in the 60's. I have a few May birthdays in my family and thought the description in your May graphic was very good. Seems to fit them all to a T. Glad you are doing so well on the decluttering. I have gotten rid of so much here that I quit counting. More yet to go, but that may just wait awhile. Hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Our weather is up and down too. Cold then unusually warm, then cold again. Oh, well :)

Happy May to you too, sweet friend!

Petro said...

I love May, it's my favorite month thanks to my birthday. Selfish me :)
Have a great month of May!
Hugs

Theresa said...

May is MY Birthday month:) Yeah! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Happy May to you also I admire your decluttering. I find giving clothes and such away easy I have a hard time parting with my books. Great job. B

Nancy said...

Congrats on your decluttering success. I still have empty boxes in the living room to fill. :)

Ms Sparrow said...

I snatched your May birthday poppin to use on my blog. I have several friends with May birthdays or who like Lily of the Valley. I used to have a bunch of the birthday month poppins (courtesy of Olde Dame Penniwig) but deleted them after I'd posted them. Hope you don't mind.

Unknown said...

Hello, just stopping by to say hello and thanks for your lovely comments! Hubster is doing better now. It is good to get back into the swing of thing, but I'm taking it slow! Have a lovely day! Hugs

Susie said...

Buttercup when you are finished decluttering, come on over...I sure could use some help.:):) Congrats on "no spending" I need to try that also. Smiles, Susie

Plumrose Lane said...

Sounds like you've got some great goals set and think you did a wonderful job in April! May is a wonderful month and I'm also a May birthday so that's an added bonus, whoot! Enjoy your week~
♥Sharon

Lynda said...

My sister has a birthday in May.
And don't beat yourself up for missing the 100 mark on the decluttering. 71 is very admirable! I wouldn't even worry about adding the 29 to May - - - if you get to 100 - - GREAT and if you do or don't get the extra 29, it's okay. You are an inspiration on this.

TARYTERRE said...

I'm a Gemini. So i'll be celebrating my birthday before the month is through. What you've accomplished in the decluttering, spending challenges you imposed on yourself is impressive, for sure. i wish it would rub off on me. Everything here is a mess. Oh woe is me. take care.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey darlin'...when ya finish there ya wanna come to the Ponderosa...we have barns that really could stand a good declutterin'! Heeehehehe!

Yep, our weather has been like Mother Nature in Menopause for sure!

Have yourself a blissfully blessed day sweetie!!! :o)