Powered by Blogger.

Pinterest Travelfest -- Welcome to Kansas!


Source: bit.ly via Tyler on Pinterest


This week's virtual trip is to Kansas. I was thinking about this post during the day and the phrase, "I'm as corny as Kansas in August..." from "South Pacific" kept running through my mind. But when I got to pinterest, I saw lots of sunflowers -- Kansas is the Sunflower state -- and then I saw these fabulous ruby slippers. I know that Dorothy and Toto and the rest of the beloved characters in "Wizard of Oz" don't actually live in Kansas, but I am tossing all thoughts of reality away. This week's travelfest is to the Kansas of Dorothy and Toto and I am loving it!

On a different note...I kept seeing the note that blogger was changing and I just ignored it. But tonight as I came to post I am found myself in very unfamiliar blogging territory. I feel like Dorothy swept away in a big whoosh of wind and I hope I land right side up in Blogland. I've spent some time exploring and I am hopeful I will like the new format and get used to it easily. I'll know I've got the very basics if this post resembles all the others.

So grateful for the weekend. Our Bible study group will be getting together tomorrow night to celebrate our dear friend Vivian's 90th birthday. So looking forward to the evening.

Wishes for animal cracker and cupcake sweet dreams and a sweet weekend!


8 comments

Anonymous said...

I've never visited Kansas, but I have two very dear blog friends who live there.
I made the blogger switch about a week ago and I am pleasantly surprised that I did not have much trouble adjusting.
Hope you have a great weekend.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, it was a surprise when I got the new blogger. Things are in different places but still seem to be working all the same. It is like being in a new land. I had to take a good look around. Hope your Saturday is a super one!

Rebecca said...

Have we "met" before you commented on my post today? At any rate, I'm glad to have found you. AND guess where I was born? Kansas. Guess where I met my husband? Kansas. Guess where two of our three children were born? Kansas. And our oldest daughter lives there now!

It is a beautiful state.

I love the optimism and positive spirit I sense in your blog and look forward to returning soon.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE those ruby reds. Only time I was in Kansas there had just been a tornado. The devastation was unbelievable. I was child, so those images have stuck with me. I prefer this virtual trip today with you and Dorothy. Take care.

Susie said...

I wish I could wear those snazzy shoes girl. Happy birthday to Vivian, wow 90 years old. Have her tell you something from her childhood. It's sad when we don't get to learn from our elders. Smiles to you Buttercup. xo, Susie

Jeanette Levellie said...

We had a friend from Kansas, and he was uber smart and charming. So not all of them are corny!

Love this pinterest tour you're hosting. Thanks for sharing,
jen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

These are such pretty grown up Dor0Dorothy shoes, Buttercup! :)

I've never been to Kansas but I may pass through there this summer on my way to visit Colorado by car.

Bobbie said...

I ignored the new blogger as well. I hate change when it comes to this stuff... But I guess we have to get used to it. Love the ruby slippers! I am such a wizard of oz fan that for years we drove 550 miles to Chesterton Indiana to the Wizard of Oz festival there every September. I haven't been there in 2 years though.. miss it! I love your blog-name by the way. It reminds me of one of my favorite oldies, 'Build me up Buttercup'. Hope you've had a good weekend.