Powered by Blogger.

Lights, Camera, Action...


Do you remember this quiet corner?

When I saw this posted over the weekend I knew excitement was coming. But there was no filming yesterday. I didn't think much about it until I came out this morning and saw movie folks clustered across the street from my building.

The traffic cones in the street are a tip-off something interesting is about to go on. Still no filming.

I went out to run an errand later in the afternoon and came home to this. 

Quiet corner no longer!

I walked through the movie set on the corner and spent some time looking for movie stars. I spent so long I was concerned they would ask me to move on and tell me I was loitering. Alas, no Matt Dillon, no Darren Criss, no Kristin Wiig and no Annette Bening. Honestly not seeing Annette Bening was the most disappointing for me. I am an enormous fan of "The American President."  We'll just have to wait until 2013 to see "Imogene."

I expect that the corner will be quiet again tomorrow. But I never know in New York when the red traffic cones will emerge and something exciting will be happening!


8 comments

Mevely317 said...

I agree, that IS exciting!!!
But, I wonder if I'd even recognize a "bona-fide" celebrity, were I to see them in real-life.

peggy said...

Annette Bening is my very favorite. Maybe next time.

Exciting!

Neabear said...

I remember when some filming was going on at my college years ago. I think I saw Lindsay Wagner that time. Don't remember what they were filming though.

~Linnea

Mimi said...

HI!!
HOW EXCITING!!!!
For several years my kids and I did EXTRA work on lots of films filmed in Az. It is exciting to see Hollywood do there thing. I think New York is the 2nd Hollywood!!!!So many tv shows and movies are filmed there, and I am happy for that!!!
hugs,
jamie

Cathyjo said...

Nice to know your out and about enjoying yourself.I just want to thank you for droping by and your sirport.oo

Chatty Crone said...

I loved her in that show too!
sandie

TARYTERRE said...

How exciting to see where the movie action was to be filmed and WOW, so close to home. You're a lucky girl even if the movie stars were hiding. I'd love to be in a city that never sleeps. My kind of town...

LeAnn said...

Living in New York must be a great adventure. I love the pictures and thoughts. I hope someday to make a visit there.
Enjoy the magic of that city.