Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Mount Fuji

No passport needed for our trip to Mount Fuji, Japan

We're back on the road this Pink Saturday and today's trip is to Japan's highest mountain, Mount Fuji. I was chatting with my friend K and she mentioned that she enjoyed seeing places we've visited. For our mutual 65th birthdays we visited Japan in cherry blossom season. It was a dream we both had and it was a treasure to be able to share the trip. My only regret about the trip was that it was too short. There was a lot of flying and just twelve days to see the "high points" of Japan. We started in Osaka, went on to Kyoto, then to Mount Fuji and finished in Tokyo.

We spent a beautiful clear morning at Mount Fuji, one of Japan's three holy mountains. We joined the throngs of visitors to Japan who make the trip to Fuji. Fuji is a cultural icon of Japan and it'seen in many depictions as a symbol of the country. 

This was one of my first views of the mountain as seen through the bus window. 

 Mount Fuji is a popular site for mountain climbers. It's 12,389 feet and this is as far as I got.  

I took some time to explore the Mount Fuji gift store. Despite the sweet and benign depiction
 here Mount Fuji is still an active volcano. The last eruption was in 1707.

I am always tempted to bring home another friend for Pep, but somehow resisted. My will power failed in both Australia and Scotland and new friends came home with me.  

Too quick, but a fun visit! Hope you've enjoyed it, too. I've actually had a busy week. On Wednesday night I "attended" Betsy's virtual birthday party, on Tuesday I "went" to my friends' daughter's college graduation thesis presentation and "went" to lectures via Zoom at two other times. Tomorrow I get the weekend NY Times delivered and look forward to doing the Sunday crossword puzzle. Have you been doing any of the Zoom programs?

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and wash your hands!

14 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Another beautiful place - I am seeing through you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I don't think I have ever seen it! Your photo of it is breathtaking!!! I love this trip!! Yes, all our church meetings are via Zoom.

Dorothy In PA said...

I certainly enjoyed the trip. It's funny but I didn't have any jet lag (laugh).

What a great birthday adventure you shared.

Carol said...

I enjoyed this trip to Mount Fiji! I was not aware that it was an active volcano. Interesting that it has not erupted in so many years and pray it never does. Those items in the gift shop are unique!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

TARYTERRE said...

awesome.

Biomaster said...

It's fun to take these trips with you, Carol. I've been ZOOMING a lot, with two Bible studies, League Of Women Voter meetings and that book discussion we both attended. I ordered the Emily Dickinson book and it finally came, so I've begun to enjoy that. Books, knitting, ZOOMs and walks are my life these days.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Cherry blossoms are indeed a sight to see. Yes, we did a family zoom get together for Easter. It was fun way to see everyone and enjoyed it very much.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful pics.Happy Pink Saturday!

Karen said...

YOUR FIRST VIEW OF FUJI MUST HAVE BEEN BREATHTAKING! THANKS FOR SHARING ABOUT YOUR TRAVELS.

Lowcarb team member said...

You certainly have had a busy week!

Nice post.

All the best Jan

Debby said...

My dream is to see Mt Fuji. My dad served in the Korean conflict and was on leave in Japan. He took a train, fell asleep and when they woke him up, he was at Mt Fuji.

I'd love to try and recreate that trip.

Thanks for reminding me, with your photos.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Buttercup, Please DO get rid of that hateful spammer who just left the most vile comment. Just mark it as Spam under comments and then go to the Spam and Delete it. Neither you or any others need to read something left by someone who has nothing better to do than leave disgusting comments. Surely the mark of a very small mind.

That said, I enjoyed seeing the My Fuji trip photos and what wonderful memories to have share with your friend! And, of course, there's always a gift shop to explore.

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, that must have been a wonderful trip. Your photos are just amazing! I have been having zoom meetings with my internist!