Powered by Blogger.

Spooky Time Is Here...

In our lobby...

...and down the block!

I didn't see as many buildings decorated for Halloween this year, but my neighbors on the next block didn't disappoint. The welcome for trick or treaters was ghouls and ghosts and bright red lights. It was spooky, even in daylight. I didn't go out tonight to get the full effect, but I bet it was even scarier. 

Apparitions, spectres and a giant spider in a tree!

At the foot of the spider tree!

My goal for tomorrow is to resist the half priced candy when I stop in the drugstore to pick up a prescription. I'm 90% optimistic that I can do it. I know we're heading into the sweet treat time of year and I want to be able to wear the same clothes in January as I can today. So far, I've had one mini Mr. Goodbar, and I'm claiming that as a success for Halloween indulging. 

It's a quick trot to Thanksgiving and then in a blink it's Chanukah -- beginning December 22 -- and Christmas. As is traditional in Buttercupland, Christmas posts will begin after Thanksgiving. There will be lots of pictures of  lights and decorations, not to worry! They just won't be posted before Thanksgiving. November posts include book reviews, an update on my eye health, autumn in Maine and a giveaway, plus a few surprises.   

It's bye bye to October and welcome to November and a big thanks as ever, for visiting. Take care and see you in November. 

7 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, these decorations are amazing! I bet it took a lot of work to arrange them. They are suitably scary, especially the giant spider. I look forward to your November posts!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Fabulous decorations! If you got the winds we got in PA last night, there will be a big clean-up today.

That is excellent that you only ate one mini candy. You put me to shame. I had three Peppermint Patties. My leftover candy is going to our food bank today before temptation takes over.

Susie said...

Carol, Get the warm clothes out. It is freezing here today. 26 this morning. We had fierce winds and some snow. Glad you have such good will power girl. I need to work on my weight again this year. I had lost weight when Ted was in the hospital doing chemo....but sitting around the house taking care of him. I stay busy but it isn't as physical..so I have gained. I do not like that. LOL Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Lots of spookiness around your town:) I didn't decorate much this year but will bring out some things for Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Laurel Wood said...

Happy November! Thanks for sharing the unique Halloween decorations. I look forward to an update on your eyes, books reviews, etc. We are having our coldest morning yet here in GA this season!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It has to be very different doing Halloween in an apreatment house. We'd have been better off staying inside last night as it was so windy and cold out here The trick was on us.as we froze fingers and toes trying to do trick or treat outdoors.

Sam I Am...... said...

Cool decorations especially with the old brownstones...very realistic!
I decorate inside and out but not that much. What's wrong with your eyes? I just had my twice a year eye exam because I have Graves disease so just curious. I hope all is well! BTW I love Portland, Maine and Maine itself.