Powered by Blogger.

Here's Looking at You, Kid(s)

 


After a one year hiatus -- we know all about last summer -- the goats returned to my beloved Riverside Park. Yesterday I took the M5 bus to Riverside Drive and 120th Street to see the return of five goats who will be taking a working vacation eating shrub in Riverside Park.  For yesterday's festivities, Skittles, Buckles, Mallemar, Chalupa and Ms. Bo Pep -- don't you love their names! -- were joined by nineteen other goats for a symbolic run into the park. 



In the truth in blogging confession, I didn't actually see the goats run into the park. I got there at the start of the program, but in order to get a good spot where I would be able to see the run it would have required much better planning and probably getting to the site at least a half hour before the start. It reminded me that my social skills, especially when it involves any event that includes more than a dozen people, are still very rusty. 

No, we're not in "Casablanca," but here's looking at you, kid!

But the crowd fell away fast and I walked down to a much less crowded spot and got to snap goat pictures to my heart's content. The goats were totally oblivious to the cell phone snaps going on all around them and kept munching throughout their fifteen minutes of fame. 

It's a big weekend of blogging coming up. Tomorrow we're making a stop at a landmark historic site making a first time visit to Buttercupland. We'll follow that up with a return visit to White Flower Farm for Pink Saturday and on Sunday we're celebrating National Ice Cream Day.  

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool!


8 comments

Laurel Wood said...

I enjoyed the goat photos so much. Wishing you a blessed weekend,

Theresa said...

FUN! My Dad always had goats. When there were little baby goats, he would bring them inside the house for us to play with. Thanks for triggering that memory:) Enjoy your day and weekend, sounds like lots of fun ahead for you! HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How cute those goats are and they are natures lawnmowers. They'll help to keep the park in good shape, Lok forward at all your pictures. You have so many different kinds to show.

Edna B said...

I never heard of the running of the goats. Sounds interesting. Great photos of the goats. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Goats are fun to watch. We used to have goats living around the corner from our home in Arizona. It was fun to take our grandkids there to feed them carrots. Then, one day, all the goats were gone and a house was built where they used to live. Not nearly as fun. Hope all is going well. I will look forward to your coming posts! Have a wonderful Friday!

Linda said...

Love, love your new look here, smiles. Say hi to Pepe for me, smiles.

Iris Flavia said...

Cute guys!
LOL, why are we always this honest? (Because we´re real people, right).
...We do keep cool, way too cool, only 18C - this is no summer!

Jeanie said...

Love those sweet goats! And thank you for letting me win your contest. I'll be sending over address hopefully today -- recovering from a hectic week and the email queue is a thousand miles long and I'm behind. But on the way!