Powered by Blogger.

Sound and Light Pink Saturday

Greetings from Atlantic City!
 
I'm actually home now, after a whirlwind three day college roommate catchup in Atlantic City. We had a wonderful time and could easily have spent three more days there. Atlantic City is the birthplace of salt water taffy and on Friday night I was set to blog about one of my favorite varieties of candy for Pink Saturday. But we stopped to rest for a few minutes during an evening walk along the boardwalk in front of Boardwalk Hall. It's a sight familiar from watching the Miss America Pageant, which began being held here in 1940. I noticed a sign  -- in lights -- announcing a show starting in three minutes. The show was an extraordinary sound and light laser show and there was a lot of pink lighting. I knew I had my subject and photographs for Pink Saturday.
  
 One view of the façade and the audience
 
 
 I took at least two dozen pictures, while at the same time holding back from taking a photograph of every scene that was projected. I wanted to save the images, but I didn't want to simply be an observer of the experience.

I've saved my favorite design for last. This moment was my inspiration for using the Boardwalk Hall show for Pink Saturday.
 
Besides salt water taffy -- discovered sour grape this visit -- and the sound and light show we kept very busy. The high point of the weekend was a Judy Collins/Stephen Stills concert. Most of the time the weather was overcast, but thankfully the forecast of thunder showers didn't materialize. We walked from almost one end of the boardwalk to the other end, talked, laughed and did some serious outlet shopping.
 

On a different note, I'm delighted that it's possible for friends to comment, but sad that I've not yet been able to get comments emailed to me. I'm not sure what's going on with Blogger, but I will keep fiddling with the Buttercupland settings. I very much enjoy seeing a comment pop up in my email. Seeing comments has been a bright spot in my day many times, and I'm looking forward to getting things adjusted very shortly. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and good wishes for the week ahead.      


8 comments

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I have not been to AC in years. It is nice to see that it is coming back to it’s bright lights after it’s tough times.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks to a friend that blogs I recently found out that I could once again receive comments in my email by checking the box in my comment section that says to email follow up comments.
I’ve started leaving a comment on my blog each day just so I can enjoy receiving comments in my email again. Make sure you check the box to receive follow up comments and leave yourself a comment.

Hope this helps. Loved seeing the light show! Happy Monday!

Susie said...

Carol, That is very pretty light displays. I have never been to Atlantic City...just seen it in movies and such. I think it could be fun. Hope you truly enjoyed your time . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

A girl's trip the infamous Boardwalk would be such fun! I'll bet the Collins/Stills concert was wonderful!

Thanks to blogger friends Sandra and Sandie, here's an excerpt that helped me 'fix' the comments issues I was having. G'luck!

How to get comments made on your blog go to your email again.

Go into your design wall and on left hand side go into your settings and then click on email and then where you have your email address in the comment notification box, delete it and then save and then re enter your email address and save again.

Then you will get an email from blogger with a invitation to receive comment notification and then click on SUBSCRIBE and then your emails will start coming through to your email address.

Make SURE you hit SAVE when you delete your old email address and then re-enter the address and save it again. Fingers crossed it works!

You will get an "invitation" in your email to
subscribe to the comments.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like you had a ball! I could use a shopping trip to the outlets! I always find such great things at good prices! Enjoy your week!

TARYTERRE said...

i enjoyed the light show. beautiful photos.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Carol. Thank you for always making Pink Saturday special.♥

I can see why you were attracted to the Atlantic City lights. So was I. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post as "the one that caught my eye".

Theresa said...

Emailing comments is working again. I followed the directions shown on NanaDiana's blog. Let me know if you need the directions. I have never been to Atlantic City but it sure looks fun! I love salt water taffy and when my Daddy was still with us, I would always bring him a box from vacation... memories how they linger! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!