Powered by Blogger.

Blogger Meets Blogger

It's been a quiet week. I'm catching up on home things and all the things I didn't do when I was in Richmond and the Bahamas, as well as my regular activities. This includes grocery shopping, two visits to the gym, Weight Watchers, my Tuesday night class and a trip to the Post Office. It also includes spending today waiting for the plumber. Happily he came early in the afternoon and the problem was quickly fixed. But I look up from all the activities that make a normal week and realize it's Thursday night. The weekend, and then Thanksgiving, are almost here.

In the midst of this very usual week I spent a wonderful afternoon meeting a blog friend, Nadine. I'm not sure how or when I started to read her blog, but I find it interesting and thoughtful. When I saw she would be visiting New York I thought I'd like to meet her. At worst we'd share an afternoon and coffee, and at best I'd find a kindred spirit. I found our meeting definitely the latter and realize I've never had a worst case scenario when meeting any of my blog buddies. Nadine was as interesting, thoughtful and fun as her blog posts. She was very good natured about meeting at Rockefeller Center so I could take pictures of the area being decorated for the coming festivities. I had my cup of coffee and we talked and probably could have talked for another hour.


I enjoyed one of my favorite activities, watching the skaters at Rockefeller Center. It was the perfect day for it. It wasn't crowded and it wasn't cold. There was even some sun to warm the day.



I also have pictures of the Rockefeller Center Tree before the decorations. The lights will be turned on the week after Thanksgiving, but the preparations are well underway.
  Once the lights are turned on I won't be able to take a photograph without a hundred people in it.

I would be making a big omission if I didn't mention that I'm feeling, as Mel Brooks once described it, "high anxiety."  The events in Paris last week have unsettled me and when I think about some of my usual activities I ask myself the question, "Is this wise?" But I also know that staying home is not the answer and the ceiling could collapse on me. So I'm out and about with prayers for the world and especially for New York City.


 I'll be back tomorrow with Fiction Friday. I hope your evening is a pleasant one, with a cup of tea or cocoa. I've got a yen for gingersnaps, so I think there's some ginger tea in my plans.

As ever thanks for visiting and take good care.  

9 comments

Rebecca said...

Def. interesting & fun to meet blogger friends in person, isn't it?
City life sounds very interesting and your photos give me a little flavor of it.
And re. Paris...Prayer is only thing I can think to do. "Watch and pray," Jesus said more than once!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Carol, how fun to meet up with your blog friend and visit Rockerfeller Center!
Yes it's so sad with the situation of the events that have happened.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Julie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to meet a blog buddy. And I love seeing photos of the city. I'm glad you are getting out...we are praying for our country and the world we live in. Sweet hugs, Diane

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

These times are unsettling and frightening but we can't let the evil rhetoric control our lives. We must live our lives and have faith that everything has been put in place to protect us.

Your pictures are delightful, Carol, and meeting up with a fellow blogger sounds like a very nice experience for you both.

Nadine_Feldman said...

It was so great to meet you the other day! I had a lovely time.

I thought a lot about Paris this past weekend as we were having a Broadway musical marathon. Every now and then I would shudder and think about how Times Square could so easily be a target. It was a bit eerie...but we kept on.

Mevely317 said...

What a feel-good afternoon ... I'm so glad Nadine was all you hoped for!
Years later, I'm still warmed by the memory of our sharing lunch in Scottsdale. Let's do it again someday!

Becky K. said...

I'm so glad you got to meet another blogger. I'm not surprised that it went well because you were 50% of the equation and I think you have very good judgement.
I will continue to pray for your safety and for that of all innocents around the world. These are definitely scary times.
Hugs,
Becky

Theresa said...

I have met a few bloggers and each one was special! I am anxious about being out in the crowds but also will not be stuck in the house! Just be safe and aware of your surroundings, me too:) Have a blessed and beautiful day, HUGS!

Susie said...

Buttercup, If I ever make it back to your city...I would love to meet you in person. I could see the sun on some of the building tops in your picture of the rink. No , do not stay home...we have to live our lives or the evil people win. Stay warm, we are having snow in central Indiana. Blessings, xoxo,Susie