Powered by Blogger.

Happy Christmas Eve

 

 Christmas Time at Rockefeller Center

"Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents, grumbled Jo, lying on the rug." For those of us who are "Little Women" fans, the first line of one of my favorite novels always comes to mind this time of year. For me, it's not Christmas without seeing the two best trees in New York City, the one at the Metropolitan Museum and this one at the Rockefeller Center. I put off this last visit, thinking it might be too crowded, but yesterday morning I realized that Covid, or no Covid, crowds or no crowds, I needed a visit to Rockefeller Center. I would wear a mask, I would keep a distance and I would keep this tradition. The Pandemic has taken so much away, but not a 2020 visit to Rockefeller Center.

This way to the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree 

The Christmas Tree, as seen from Fifth Avenue


Pep, in his holiday finery, was my 2020 companion. I know Pep should have been wearing his mask, but try keeping a mask on a monkey. Instead we maintained a six foot distance as the sign instructed.

There was some discussion at the beginning of December that this year's tree wasn't as magnificent as trees in years past. But, as in every  year past, my heart just leapt when I first saw the tree standing in front of me. The area around the tree wasn't crowded, but there were a lot of people on Fifth Avenue. There weren't nearly as many as December 22 in other years, but enough to make social distancing a challenge.   

It's just about time for Santa to stop by. My Buttercup friends are all on the 'nice" list and I hope Santa leaves generous gifts of love, good health and peace to all of Buttercupland. I'll be back tomorrow with a Christmas post and throughout the weekend there are more stops on our Christmas tour of New York City. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and Merry Christmas. 


5 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks for sharing your NYC Christmas. Merry Christmas to you. I will stop by again soon.

Ruth said...

Frohe Weihnachten 🎄

LG Ruth

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas
I love your blog

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I appreciated "seeing" the tree through this blog post, thanks Carol, and also thanks for all your recent posts about Christmas in NYC. While it's true that things are different, Christmas still comes and we should be joyful and thankful and celebrate, even if we can't do so together. Thanks for your comments and blog visits and also your card...all much appreciated!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Merry Christmas. May you be blessed with the gifts of love, good health and peace to all