Powered by Blogger.

Sunday (to) Sunday...

It's just a week, but the days go by so fast. I've often thought about what I was doing the week past, especially after a vacation. The thought struck me yesterday. I was walking on city sidewalks to meet friends for a Gospel concert...

   We heard the wonderful Community Gospel Choir from Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan. For many, many years Dr. Norman Vincent Peale was pastor of the church.
 
 
...But just the Sunday before I was at an herb farm in the Massachusetts countryside. Yes, there's countryside in Massachusetts. I was enjoying the scent of wood smoke and leaves crackling underfoot. On a map I was only 150 miles from Manhattan, but in spirit I was a million miles away.
 

This sign greeted us at the gift shop
 
 

I was taken with this autumn display. It was so simple, yet so beautiful.
 
 
I spent a long time trying for just the right goat picture. I think here the goat was most cooperative. 
 
And of course, the herbs. I loved walking outdoors and knowing that the herbs that were growing would one day be available for all things herbal at the store. 

 
I hope you've enjoyed our city Sunday and our country Sunday, only one week apart. Next Sunday I will be in Savannah for a very different Sunday experience. Two things that run through all of these days. I'm sure I will have a good time, and no worry, there will be pictures!
 
I spent some time with my friend, Jackie, on Saturday, who has just been diagnosed with colon cancer. Her attitude is great and she has a terrific medical team, but it is still a difficult diagnosis. She has asked for prayer and know she would appreciate the prayers of all of Buttercupland. Thanks for being part of Team Jackie.
 
Tomorrow I've got laundry and I hope to make a few Halloween cards. But I will also make a trip to the gym and I'm looking forward to the first session in my synagogue class on prayer. 
 
I hope you had a great Monday and will have a great week. As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 
 

10 comments

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE that goat picture. What a sweetie. Sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers are headed Jackie's way.

Mevely317 said...

I'm honored to join Team Jackie in the fight, Carol!

These Massachusetts scenes sure make me smile. I think I know what you mean about week-to-week. After a memorable holiday or a trip, my mother was fond of saying, "remember last week at this time, we were ...."
(I still do this!)

Sola Scriptura said...

I just said a prayer for Jackie. Count me in on "Team Jackie" as I shall continue to pray for her. As always, I enjoyed your photos and catching up with what is happening in your lovely life.
Hugs to you,
Lauren

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a difference a week makes! We never know just what a new week will bring. I too will pray for your friend.

Kerin said...

What a week you have had.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
We just found out yesterday that our dear friend has pancreas cancer.

Saying prayers!

Susie said...

Carol, I loved your pictures. Wonderful week you have had. I'll pray for Jackie. I believe in the power of prayer. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Melinda said...

Super pics--love the goat one!
Sorry to hear about your friend,
paryers being sent.

M :)

Theresa said...

Love the pictures, especially the Country setting! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Annesphamily said...

Praying for Jackie! I lost a very dear friend to that horrible disease. I will pass her name around to my prayer warrior friends.
Love these photos. My goodness that goat was giving you a photo op! HeeHee!
Love it! Hugs, Anne

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Carol, that's quite a week! I long to visit the Massachusetts countryside in October and I look forward to reading your post about Savannah, another place on my must-see list. Wishing your friend Jackie a smooth path to wellness.