Powered by Blogger.

Rockefeller Center Wedding Wednesday

Welcome to autumn at Rockefeller Center
 
We know how beautiful Rockefeller Center is at Christmas, and you can be sure there will be at least one post with pictures. But autumn there is equally beautiful. I was in the neighborhood last Friday and made a detour to visit one of my favorite places in New York City. While I was there I saw a couple in bridal attire. I wasn't quick enough to take a picture as they approached me, but I did get one I could share for Wedding Wednesday. This is definitely one of the prettiest places for wedding pictures anywhere. 
 
 Bride, groom and photographer walking towards Fifth Avenue. Saks Fifth Avenue is directly in front.
 
It was a beautiful fall day and it was crowded at Rockefeller Center, almost as crowded as Christmas time. The skating rink was open and it was a great day to skate. It wasn't cold and there was no wind.
 
No need for hats, scarves and mittens.
 
 
This is a hint about a post to come in December.
 
I'm happy to report that I feel my more usual energetic self. Thanks for all the good wishes. We had a great workshop on prayer, with a focus on Psalm 51. I had high expectations about the group, and so far I am delighted with all that I took away from the evening. 
 
As ever thanks for visiting and take good care! 


13 comments

Barb said...

I haven't been to NYC in a long time, but your photos instantly transported me there. It seems there is a mixture of fall and impending winter, even though the weather was fine.

Ann said...

I've never thought about Rockefeller Center decorated for anything but Christmas. The Fall decorations are glorious!! Prayer works for sure, what a great workshop.
Ann

Nellie said...

Gorgeous setting for any picture! Glad you are feeling better! Still busy here!

TARYTERRE said...

It was fun seeing Rockefeller Center in autumn mode.

Annesphamily said...

You share the best stuff Carol! One of these days we are going to come back to NYC and visit you! You are such a delight.
Love the wedding at this fabulous place. Wow! The flowers are gorgeous!
While in Vegas this summer we saw a young couple and their photographer taking photos at the Bellagio! It was so gorgeous too! Sigh!
Always my pleasure to be here.
Hugs, Anne

Susie said...

Buttercup, Plenty of wonderful things going on in your city. Does St. Pat's still have the scaffolding in front?? I tour the NBC studio while I was there in NYC . I love your city. Blessings for continued good health. xoxo,Susie

Mevely317 said...

Even from the back, that bride looks elegant. Simple, and so classic, don't you think?

My boss and I've little in common but each of our bucket lists features visiting Rockefeller Center's ice rink during the holidays!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's very chancy planning an outdoor wedding this time of year. Glad those folks had a good day. I went to a wedding recently where we were outside and brrrr. it was cold. Still we had to be thankful for no rain. So glad you are better. I would love to hear more about your study on prayer.

Theresa said...

Beautiful setting for a wedding:) I can't wait to visit your beautiful city again... someday... SIGH:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Sola Scriptura said...

Your pictures want me to visit NYC! I see why people want their wedding photos taken there :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are places we usually only see in movies...how nice to see real photos that you've taken! Beautiful! The mums are gorgeous! Enjoy the nice weather! Hugs, Diane

BJ PUP said...

Rock Center is beautiful and changes for each season. They will soon be putting up the world famous Christmas tree. Thanks for the picture.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Here you are in my second favorite city in the USA.
I took my first 12 day trip to new York City in July this year OMGosh loved it all.
I did all the tourist things Broadway show eating in restaurant row at a French restaurant shopped 5th Avenue went to south hampton, empire state building,statue of liberty
stayed on Long Island with a new family member she drove into the city everyday since she knew her way around it was amazing how we never got lost or on wrong street, Oh ate in Little Italy
xoxo thanks for coming over my way