Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to 5784




 
Usually I look for a photograph for a blog post, but for Rosh Hashanah this year I  didn't find one that I'd taken that worked for me. I did find a few questions that my congregation had put together last year that I saved. They are as pertinent this year as they were at the start of 5783.
 

I have the next ten days to ponder what I will leave behind and what will be my commitments in the year to come. I have a few things in mind, but I want this to be a careful decision. When I'm at the start of 5785, what actions and choices will have been fulfilling and meaningful? The slate is clean. Let me fill it with wisdom and kindness.  

There will be many hours of services during this time from Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. My mind often starts to wander and I've found a good way to focus is the pray for those I know and those I've never met. I would be honored to bring your prayer requests with me. If you would like, send me an email or leave a comment on the blog. I won't be posting, but will be monitoring email and Buttercupland for the next few days. 

To all: Wishes for good health, happiness, sweet times and peace throughout the world. 

6 comments

Mevely317 said...

What a warm and thoughtful resolve! From your words to His lips.

L’Shana Tova!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Carol. It is so kind of you to offer prayers for others. Could you please pray for my family (The Charles and Deborah Jones Family)? Some family members are having some rough times and challenges. Sending you much love and thanks.

Sandi said...

May it be a Blessed time. L'Shana Tova.

Jeanie said...

I love that graphic, Carol. We should all do that. I hope your holiday season is filled with both the joy of the new year and the contemplation as well. I would be so grateful if you could add my health issues to your prayer list. Things are challenging right now. Thank you.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Shanah tova- Happy New Year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your intentions to My mind often starts to pray for those you know and those you've never met is a wonderful pair of intentions, Carol.