My view at sunset, looking at the Manhattan skyline
Usually August is the slow month of the year and this year is no exception. I've been enjoying the more relaxed pace and trying to get caught up with projects that will get pushed to the side when the autumn arrives. I'm caught up with medical appointments, have a list of appointments that need to be scheduled and I've been doing some serious decluttering. Alas I haven't been blogging, but I have started to post photographs regularly on my Facebook page.
One pleasure has been catching up on museum visits. Yesterday I visited one of my favorite museums, the Museum of the City of New York which featured a fascinating exhibit on life in New York City during the British occupation of New York City. Growing up in Connecticut I never had any formal classes on New York State/City history and so much that I saw in this exhibit was all new information for me.
My other museum visit of the month was to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I saw a fascinating exhibit of the work of the Italian sculptor, Alberto Giacometti, displayed in the Temple of Dendur. Giacometti had been strongly influenced by ancient Egyptian art and the Temple of Dendur was a fabulous site to display the sculptures.
This cat sculpture was. perhaps, my favorite of the exhibition
A different perspective of Giacometti's work, with Central Park in the background
I'm looking forward to the autumn, and won't be sad to say good-bye to my higher electric bills and the humidity. But I'm definitely enjoying long slow days without jackets and scarves and gloves. Time for a Mr. Softee cone before they are traded for pumpkin spice. Is anyone else trying to hold on to these last sweet days of summer?
As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool.

1 comment
You always do such interesting things. So glad that you have had a good summer. Now on to autumn! See you again soon!
Post a Comment