The view from McLoons Lobster Shack
Maine was wonderful. I have come to expect that my visits will be very special, but this year's visit was idyllic. Yes, idyllic. Except for one rainy day, when the activity was seeing The Odyssey, I enjoyed blue skies and starry nights. I ate lobster, visited with friends and enjoyed some of the best scenery anywhere.
I visited Rockland and discovered a new doughnut shop, Ruckus Doughnuts. I chose a cinnamon doughnut, but when I went to take pictures all that was left were these three blueberry doughnuts. If you're ever in Mid-coast Maine and like doughnuts, Ruckus is a must stop.
The view from the ferry to Vinalhaven
On one of the most perfect summer days imaginable I took the ferry to the island of Vinalhaven. It was an hour ride from Rockland and yes, it was as lovely a ride as the picture. We walked, ate lunch and visited an art gallery. But most of all I enjoyed being on the water.
The view from the cottage
There were new adventures and familiar adventures, and I take none of them for granted. Long halcyon days of summer are among the sweetest joys of life and when they're spent with friends of long standing and new friends, it's a complete privilege. How lucky I was!
I've been back in New York for a week, but even though there was no change in time zones, it felt as though I'd come back from a long journey away and in some ways, I had. I'm back in the New York swing of things for the next month. I don't have a lot planned, but between catching up on all the errands -- today was haircut day and there are a few medical appointments and a visit to the dentist to come -- I do have some fun planned. What are your August plans?
As ever thanks for visiting and have a sweet last day of July.

No comments
Post a Comment