Powered by Blogger.

Simply the Best

 

Remembering the incomparable Tina Turner
November 1939 - May 2023

Often when I write about someone I include a link for further information. But very few people need further information about Tina Turner, now of blessed memory. When I read about her passing yesterday her music came immediately to mind and I've been listening to assorted videos of Proud Mary, What's Love Got to Do With It and The Best throughout the last two days. 

I'd never thought about it before, but Tina Turner's music was the soundtrack of many times of my life/our lives, and like so many constants in life, I assumed Tina would always be there. But as I keep learning, permanence is not a part of this life. 

But memory is the gift of this life and the gifts of Tina Turner, her extraordinary music and the legacy of her life,  live on and will continue to live on.  Now for one last spin -- I am a child of the 60's -- of The Best. Thank you, Tina, for the soundtrack of our lives. 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and enjoy the weekend.   

8 comments

Terra said...

She was a big bold talent, and it is hard to believe she is gone. Her music remains, as you said.

Sandi said...

Life is short. May she rest in peace.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She really had music to get you going...singing and dancing. She will be missed.

Mevely317 said...

How I can identify with your feelings, Carol. The soundtrack of our life, indeed. Hugs!

Jeanie said...

She was indeed - simply the best.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Indeed, Tina Turner was an force to be reckoned with and I too was sorry to learn of her passing as were so many others. And, in reading the various accounts of her life, I also learned more about her then I knew, which admittedly was not too much.

Eileen in Fla. said...

I was lucky to see her perform live and it was amazing. We've lost so many legends and icons recently - I will particularly miss Gordon Lightfoot. I treasure the music makers.

Traveling Suitcase said...

Lovely post. I also loved her music, and like you am a child of the 60's....the best music, and what I still prefer to listen to. There have been many pictures of her posted on the news and in social media of late, but the one you posted I believe is my favorite. That smile.