Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Doesn't Go Shopping

 

Rainbow colors at Nordstrom

Usually when I do posts of photographs I've taken while walking around New York City I describe them as window shopping. But I realize in this post there's no shopping and no windows. Even for the items that are affordable -- like the Crocs -- I didn't look at one price tag. I was doing an errand at my favorite department store, Nordstom. It's not that I buy very much there, but it's my favorite place to look for makeup and browse clothes. 


I love this hot pink dress.

 I have two weddings to attend this summer and I guess I could wear something like this dress. But neither wedding is quite this dressy. It's also not my choice to buy a dress I might (probably) never wear again, but I love the color!  



These shoes aren't even a thought for me, but in another universe the style and especially the bright colors call out to me.  


I'm not a traditional Crocs wearer -- I wear them in sandal styles -- but these shoes called out Pink Saturday.




No price tag, these flowers were part of a perfume display. 


It's been a busy, busy week and the weeks coming up look equally busy. I spent last weekend with family in New England. It was a great (and quick) trip, but I was  tired when I got back to New York.  Passover is a little over a week away and the next week I'm off on a long planned trip. I'm getting my new hearing aids tomorrow and then a quick visit back to my doctor post-procedure later  in the week. Every year the spring gets so busy and this year is no exception. It's good-busy and I'm grateful for everything upcoming. What does your week look like?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week.  

5 comments

Terra said...

I like your pink day photos and the wild color combos on the dress rack. Isn't it funny how busy we retired people can be?

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I thought the dress was a pretty style though, like you, I think the color is not for me. Hoping you enjoy your travels. Will look forward to seeing photos! Have grand week! Cathy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It seems like Spring is always a busy time. I've been shopping in my closet getting Spring clothing out to wear. It'really isn't very warm yet, but I figure I can layer up with a sweater if need be. I do love crocs and wear them often. I have servseral different colors but no pink ones. Enjoy all your busy days !

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The flowers are beautiful and it's fun to see new items in the shops. Enjoy your week!

Marcia said...

I am in the last days before surgery on thumb and carpal tunnel. I'll be out of commission for awhile.