Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Enjoys the Sidewalks of New York

 

Not my usual style, but a perfect choice for a Pink Saturday display

I've spent the last two days doing errands and then more errands, which is not my usual style. But tomorrow morning Pep, Jane, my college and reunions roommate, and I will be on our way to an adventure and there were any number of last minute errands that needed to get done. While I was walking from getting a Covid test, mandatory for cruises longer than four days (at this time), to getting a pedicure, I passed this window and knew it was my Pink Saturday lead picture. Not only is it not my style and a little exposed for me, it wouldn't even be a good splurge for our adventure. I'm packing leggings and gloves and nothing that could be categorized as slinky. 


The pink bowl caught my eye

Next door to the slinky clothes store is a cute shop with lots of giftware. The pink bowl caught my eye and I thought a bunny was peeking out of it. On closer examination it was actually pink lucite salad servers impersonating a bunny. I've never been inside Happy Kangaroo and have made a note to explore its treasures when I get back from adventuring. 




A third sight that was made for Pink Saturday was this row of food trucks at Hudson Yards at 34th Street. I was there earlier in the week running another errand and knew the food trucks would also be featured this week. Again, I didn't sample any of them, but I will make another trip to Hudson Yards and treat myself. It's a fun spot to go with visitors and I'm hoping friends that come to visit New York would like to join me. 

I'll be doing one more post before we embark, but a hint about our destinations. We're going to three countries. One I've been to many times, one I've been to several times and one is part of a country I've been to twice, but not this particular far-flung part of it. Answer in a post to follow. 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and keep cool.  

No comments