Powered by Blogger.

(Much Belated) Monkey Monday

 

(It was) Monkey Monday at Bergdorf Goodman   

I've been working on this post for the last few days, actually starting on (Monkey) Monday. This afternoon I was thinking about how long it was taking me to do a relatively simple post. The pictures had been prepared and it wouldn't need a lot of links and research, but I would sit down at the computer, do a little work and decide I'd return to finish up later. I remembered that in most years I took a Christmas week break and returned just before New Year's. Without being conscious of it I was taking a break after the rush of Christmas. 

This will be my last post on Christmas in New York for 2021. We're once again visiting the fabulous windows of Bergdorf Goodman on Fifth Avenue, and once again they are my favorite windows of the season. The theme was the "Present Moment," and this was interpreted in the liveliest and most creative ways imaginable. 

This Present Moment was frisky and I couldn't resist the frisky French bulldog. 


Nor could I resist the window featuring brightly colored cats. 


This Present Moment is so much fun! 


 
And this one is Yummy!

I hope you've had as much fun as I've had enjoying all the Present Moments of the 2021 holiday season in New York City. I'll be back on New Year's Eve with good wishes and again on New Year's Day for my perfect word for 2022.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and have a terrific Thursday.  

7 comments

Terra said...

I look forward to your photos of the store windows each year and I think they are works of art that are worthy of being preserved in a museum. That first window is my favorite, and probably Pepe's fav too.

Edna B said...

My favorite window was the one with the multi colored cats. You have a Happy New Year, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We must live in the present moment and not let it slip away. Beautiful windows to remind us all what is important. The present !

Lonni said...

Great photos, Carol! And I always enjoy your observations. Happy New Year, dear friend!

Jeanie said...

I'd love to see the NYC store windows in person some day. Meanwhile, thanks for taking me there!

I've enjoyed your blogs (both but haven't seen the other for a bit) and am delighted to get to know you better in 2021! Happy New Year!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Seeing the windows in person is such a thrill; seeing them on your blog, Carol, is such a joy.

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is always so much fun to see these creative holiday windows. Present Moment is really a great theme for the windows. I hope we can all get better at enjoying the beauty of the present moment - even with its hardships and struggles. Thanks for sharing Christmas in NYC with us! Happy New Year to you!