Powered by Blogger.

(Long Past) Sunrise

 


I wish all of Buttercupland could join me this afternoon. I’m sitting on the screened in porch and this is my view. The air is soft and the aroma is sweet, a blend of sea air and pine. I was out in the morning at a fun exercise class and now it’s almost time for a post-lunch nap. 

Yesterday was a fun shopping and lunch day in Freeport, the home of LLBean. I did a lot of trying on coats to make my winter jacket search go smoother in the fall. I wasn’t quite ready to buy a down jacket on a sunny July day. 


Today really feels like a vacation from worry, stress and the world, I feel as though, I’ve left behind. Tonight is lobster roll time and what, I am sure, will be another glorious sunset. Photos will be forthcoming.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend.

8 comments

Laurel Wood said...

Such a gorgeous view and the lobster rolls sound delicious. Yes, it would be hard to concentrate on choosing a coat in such warm July weather. Lol. Have a splendid weekend, dear friend. Mildred

Jeanie said...

You had me at lobster roll. And at "vacation free from worry." I can see why -- what a splendid spot to just let it go!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, what a beautiful view you have!
I refuse to think of the dark half of the year now...
Looking forward to sunset pics - we live amongst houses in first floor - not only noisy but... no good views of the sun when "he" comes or goes (in German the sun is female, always odd to say "he").
Have a nice weekend, at least it´s getting warm here!


Tristan Robin said...

OMG - lobster rolls. You're killin' me here!

Enjoy! Think of me dripping melted butter off my 'stache! 🥴

🤣

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a delightful place to be. I would love to be there with you. That view is wonderful! Enjoy your vacation !

LC said...

Lovely view and intriguing visit to L.L. Bean.

Edna B said...

The view is awesome! I don't do lobsters. But I do love being by the ocean. Enjoy your vacation, hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you are making the most of your New England, getaway, Carol, from taking in the sights to shopping. We certainly enjoy both here as well.