Powered by Blogger.

Unicorn Pink Saturday

 

I fell in love with this entire window

I was talking on the phone this afternoon with my friend Anita and our conversation turned to good things of the pandemic. One of the things that was in my top five was being able to spend time walking with friends in the neighborhood. In the warmer weather, I so enjoyed getting to know Riverside Park and its beautiful garden, as well as walking on just about every block in my immediate neighborhood, some hundreds of times. We literally had time to stop and smell the roses. 

On my last walk in 2020 my friend Jane and I took the bus to the east side of Manhattan and started walking. We walked up Madison Avenue to 96th Street and then east on 96th Street and took a turn down Lexington Avenue, walking all the way to 66th Street. We took time out for lunch at a sidewalk cafe and time out for photographs. I lost my heart to the cutest children's store on Lexington Avenue, Willow Road.  We may have spent as much time oohing and ahing as we did at lunch. I knew it was a perfect place to visit for Pink Saturday.  

Even if you're not a unicorn fan, this may be the cutest pop-up music box ever. 


Doesn't everyone need a color changing umbrella? 


I'm very enthusiastic about the unicorn hat, and the 
dinosaur one to the right is another favorite. 

Though it's turned quite cold -- yesterday was a windfest, too -- I'm still so grateful to be out and walking with friends. The last two days have been a lot closer to home, but there's still been a lot to see and enjoy, especially the company of friends. Snow is on the schedule for this week, so I'm trying to get out and enjoy walking and sunshine as much as I can. 

I've got a quiet week ahead. My plans are walking on days that aren't snowy, reading, blogging and indulging myself in my newest indulgence, Bridgerton. Is anyone else a Bridgerton fan?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  

7 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Good Monday morning! Those are fun windows! You have such interesting places to walk and things to see there in the city. I love how you and your friend were talking about the good things about the pandemic. We watched some of Bridgerton last night, but it was a bit racey and made me uncomfortable to watch with our college son strolling through the room, if you know what I mean. It did seem very interesting though, so maybe we will have to give it another look when our son is otherwise engaged...
Have a great week.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Walking clears the mind and helps our mood. You take such wonderful ones and see such interesting ones. It might only be one day of slight snow in PA, and I hope it is the same with you.

Edna B said...

I love the store windows. Enjoy your walks, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have a little grand daughter who loves unicorns and she would absolutely love this store. Unicorns are her favorite, at least for now. Glad you can still enjoy your walks. It's too cold out for me to enjoy them at all.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I really like that hat. At the grocery store, I could not resist getting a stuffed animal. It is a pale turquoise llama unicorn, a llamacorn. The dogs claimed it immediately but they seem charmed by it, too, and are keeping it very nice indeed.

acorn hollow said...

Such sweet unicorns makes me wish my grand was little again.
Cathy

Nellie said...

Walking along the streets of New York City gives you great opportunities to share with those of us who have never been to the city! Great window displays!