Powered by Blogger.

The Gas Line Saga: Chapter 131

 

Not quite yet...

If the Gas Line Saga was a novel it would have been written by Charles Dickens, chapter after chapter after chapter. But, alas, it's not fiction, but autobiography. I realize for 2020 it's relatively mild, but  this last (I hope) stretch is beginning to wear on my nerves. I keep reminding myself when my patience thins that the darkest hour is just before the dawn. 

I was all set to announce today that my building had passed the last hurdle, the technical inspection by Con Edison, and we had completed all of the steps that were necessary to have the gas restored to my apartment. When I got the good news that we have passed the technical inspection, I also got the news that before the gas is turned on, a new meter needs to be installed. The date of the meter installation is yet to be scheduled. 

I'm optimistic that the meter will be installed soon. However, based on the fact that for every hurdle that's successfully jumped another hurdle, or two, or three emerges. I will temper my impatience and soldier on with air fryer, crockpot and mini waffle maker. I added the mini pie maker to my small appliance collection and plan to experiment with it over this weekend.   

I sorted through the snowmen and I've got them set up in two  locations and will arrange the monkeys in the next day. I got very carried away last week and decided that it's been a tough year all around and ordered a red convertible for Pep. If you're a friend of Pep, please don't tell him. I'd like it to be a surprise. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy and healthy wishes!

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief! Just when you are sure it is finished, they announce another step! Well, I await the pie results and the convertible!

Deanna Rabe said...

Yikes! I’ve been hoping you were back to using the gas in your apartment! Soon, hopefully!

A red convertible sounds great! My lips are sealed!

Janie Junebug said...

Some stories are so great they should go on forever, but not the Gas Line Saga. I won't say a word about the convertible.

Love,
Janie

Olde Dame Holly said...

I will add in a prayer for quick meter hook-up when I say the Rosary tonight. 2020 just keeps on 2020-ing! An aside: The idea of your mini pie-maker has me intrigued!

Gloria said...

Your gas line saga seems to be one thing after another to delay it.
I hope you get the meter hooked up soon! Just hang in there.
Won't say a word about the convertible.

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, I wanted your gas to be turned on:( I have to say that you have made the most of your situation and kept a great attitude. This too shall pass! Pepe is going to love his new ride, can't wait and I promise NOT to tell:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

TARYTERRE said...

i'm sorry to hear you now have to wait longer for everything to be back in place. with the holiday starting next week, it's frustrating for sure. the pie maker sounds intriguing. but what caught my eye was the covertible for Pep. definitely cool.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh no!!! You and your fellow tenants have the patience of Job. Hopefully, it won’t be long now and meanwhile show us your creations with your new appliances.

Edna B said...

I'm sorry to hear about the Gas Saga. I wonder how the gas company is (or will be) compensating all you folks for this inconvenience and added expense. They're not, are they! I think that convertible will be an awesome surprise for Pep. I'll not say a word. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

This truly is a saga that just seems to go on and on. It doesn't take long to change out a meter. Hopefully they'll get to it soon. No mater what it will be the best gift ever this Christmas. Best of luck and don't give up. Nothing good ever comes easily.

Unknown said...

I was just about to ask about that. Hopefully, they will get the new meter in soon. You have been SO patient.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We any type of holiday miracle, you may be able to do some holiday baking before they are all ended...or just cook a meal. Mum's the word on Pep's new ride.