Powered by Blogger.

Three Boxes Down

 

I've got walls! 

After walking over four miles yesterday, I came home to walls. They are now filled in, plastered and painted. I also came home to the realization that the boxes of books that I very hastily packed in the summer needed to be unpacked and the files need to be returned to the two lateral file cabinets on the right. 

I haven't begun to tackle the files yet, but I have unpacked three boxes of books. I've set some aside to give away, but I still have three boxes to unpack and only three empty shelves left. Since I'm not buying any more shelves I've got to continue to sort through my books. I put a bag together for the Salvation Army and will list at least a dozen more on eBay.

The Mantel is now visible again and ready for cards. 

The bookcase/files was moved in front of the fireplace when the construction started and I'm so pleased to have the fireplace back as the center of the living room. The mantel needs decluttering and rearranging and I plan to get to it over this weekend. My card display garland has been emptied of cards I received over the year and is ready and waiting for the 2020 season. 

When I came home yesterday I was overwhelmed by the work in front of me and opted to begin this morning. There's still lots to do, but now that I've got a good start I'm optimistic about getting the biggest share done in the next week, including the task of sorting through the files. 

I used the last three days and my exile from my apartment while the work was going on to walk and take a lot of photographs. I got a great start on my Christmas in New York pictures, as well as walking over twelve miles. 

My plan for Pink Saturday is to post my pictures of Lower Manhattan and begin the Christmas in New York photos on Sunday. Of course, I may not be able to contain myself and may just got ahead and start with Rockefeller Center tomorrow. It's jumping the season just a little, but you won't mind, will you? 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

9 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Goodness, you can WALK!! You have a beautiful marble fireplace. Don't work too hard, and take breaks.

Lynda said...

I am so very excited for you!!! You have the patience of a saint… More so than many of us I think. I love your apartment! It looks like it is a decent size. I watch house hunters on HGTV and so many people come out of super small apartments when they live in New York City.

The people in management of your apartment… What a headache for them this past year too. Not only did they have to coordinate it all but also deal with people's questions and then Covid on top of everything else. If you have gas before Christmas… Sounds like you will get the best present you want this year.

As you are tackling your books and files… Remember… Small pieces at a time and you will get there. I know you will but keep reminding yourself of what you have accomplished rather than what is left. That is the advice I have to get myself all the time!

Martha said...

That's a lot of walking! I'm glad toy are able to get things put back together now :)

Linda said...

What a lovely apartment, my friend. I hope Pepe and friends have been staying out of trouble. I can only imagine Pepe being a bit of "boss" grin. Have a beautiful Saturday, stay safe, smiles.

peggy said...

It will be worth the wait!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Nice to see your book shelves back in place and you do have a lovely gentle to decorate. Good for you getting so much done ! Have a wonderful weekend !

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thar ahouls READ mantle space not gentle. Sorry

Marcia said...

Can't wait to see how NYC looks decked out for Christmas. I read about the owl in the Rockefeller tree.

Karen said...

Looking forward to seeing NYC Christmas pics!