Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Celebrates Pink Christmas


LoveShackFancy, the perfect windows for Pink Saturday at Christmas time

I spent a wonderful Friday afternoon walking down Madison Avenue, window shopping and taking pictures. I thought I had my pictures for this Pink Saturday post, and then I got to this window. The store is new -- so admire anyone opening a new retail business in New York these days -- and the windows were both spell-binding and pink. I scrapped my original plan and I present the prettiest in pink Christmas windows. 

A detail from the tree, including the beautiful bow on the top

I had never heard of LoveShackFancy before seeing the store, but a little research gave me the website. There are clothes, bridal outfits and home goods, all very evocative of the South of France and lovely. I didn't explore the store, and honestly, it's pricy for me, but so fun to see the windows. 

The sidewalk decorations were as pretty as the windows.
Who doesn't need a bubble gum pink nutcracker?

I don't have a garden, but if I did, I'd get this garden bench. 

This is beyond my decorating ability, but for the crafty citizens of Buttercupland, I'm including a detail from the outdoor decorations.  

My highlight of the day today was a long walk on West 57th Street, from Eighth Avenue to First Avenue with my friend, Jane. It was perfect walking weather and we even got to meet up with our friend, Pat, on First Avenue for coffee out of doors. I got fun pictures for a post later in the week, a chance to catch up with two friends and walked over four miles. It was a great conclusion to a weekend of thankfulness. 

I don't have many plans for the week ahead. There's a big storm forecast for tomorrow -- maybe even a tornado (in November!) -- so I don't think I'll get to walk very much. I'm planning to write cards, get a few packages wrapped and ready to mail and read the new Sue Monk Kidd book. What are your plans this week?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

13 comments

Karen said...

The window display is gorgeous. Thanks for giving us a peek at it. Stay warm!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I so wish I could walk around this store, it sounds divine. And the decorations are superb!! They are really talented! Everything is so soft looking and beautiful!!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I like the pointe shoes on that pink tree. And the nutcracker! Not doing much other than some little crafty things this coming week, I hope. We are under emergency lockdown and not supposed to leave the home except for essentials. I did got out today to find some pastries for my husband, who eats little else (at his age, he's earned it), so it was essential!

acorn hollow said...

My friend and I planned to take the train from Boston to NY for christmas this year and of course that went all by the wayside! So nice to find you and take a virtual tour
cathy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

There aren't many plans here this week, It's time to huddle inside and keep warm a winter snow storm is coming our way. It'll be good just to stay in and get the decorating done. I love the pink but to me it just isn't Christmas without red and green. They are beautiful windows. It is a pleasure to see them. Thanks always for sharing.

Biomaster said...

Carol, I'm loving have this blog to uplift these dreary and sad days. The Sue Monk Kidd book was such a surprise for me, but I enjoyed it. Need more books!

Marcia said...

I never think to decorate with pink at Christmas but what a nice change that would be. Those store windows are lovely.

This week? Packing to move, again!

Edna B said...

Such beautiful pink Christmas windows. I just love love the dresses! Especially the one in the first photo. It would be nice to be slim and young enough to be able to wear that gorgeous dress. I can't walk around anymore so I'm really enjoying your walks. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What an absolutely lovely window. Perhaps, months from now, you will go inside and show us that also.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

We just got warnings of a tornado in Delaware coming our way. It is not a good day out there.

NanaDiana said...

I haven't walked down Madison Avenue in many,many years. There is nothing like it, is there?
Thanks for the great pictures-Have a good week- xo Diana

Jeanie said...

I haven't been to NYC in eons and never at the holidays. I would love to see windows like this!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That is a pretty window display, but honestly doesn't evoke the Christmas spirit to my thinking. Just from the decorations, one gets the impression that this is a pricey place and I wonder if it will stay afloat as many have not. My days after Thanksgiving have been spent getting homemade gifts ready and wrapped to mail this week and writing holiday cards while watching or rather listening to Netflix holiday movies. This weekend we will add ornaments to our tree which is already set up.