Powered by Blogger.

Phase Two Random Five Friday




It's time for another Random Five Friday

1) I'm just squeaking this post into Friday (maybe) and I'm hoping you had a happy Friday. This is the chalk signage outside my favorite pizza shop. I was tempted to save this for Pink Saturday, but I've got another theme for tomorrow's fun. 

2) New York City is officially in Phase Two. The biggest changes are hair stylists and barbers are open and restaurant can serve out of doors. Generally there's a lot of planning for "sidewalk" service and city rules, but in an effort to get businesses open, the red tape has been eliminated. I'm not quite ready to take off my mask outside, but it was tempting. I'm going to give it at least another week and see how things progress. 

The watermelon margarita was very tempting...

3) Tables aren't just on the sidewalk, they're also in the street. 
 
Broadway, on the Upper West Side

Many more sidewalk restaurant choices on the same
 block as my library branch

4) My branch isn't on the list of branches that are opening
for pickup, but I was delighted to see that the New York Public Library was planning to reopen in early July.  


5) I was delighted to rediscover the meringues that I've been I've eyeing for at least the last six months. I'm thinking that this may be the treat I've been waiting for. The restaurant has just reopened and I'd be doing my part for business in the neighborhood. 

I'm glad I was out and about today because rain is predicted for tomorrow. I've got several projects to work on, including post cards that are waiting to be written. Dorothy, I'm not sure how to reach you and get your address. Help, me out!

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Much love and stay well.  

8 comments

Dorothy In PA said...

I just clicked on your "follow by email" tab. I hope this works. I don't have any social media.

I love to see the photos of New York coming alive again. That is definitely a city that no one can hold down.

Laurel Wood said...

It's fun for me to see the sights around where you live and shop. Those meringues would tempt me too!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope your phase 2 goes well. Wo many are not as too many people are ignoring masks and safe distancing. So afraid many are going on lock down again.Stay safe !

Mevely317 said...

That "Five Napkin Burger" has my imagination spinning and mouth watering, big time. Manna for the taste buds! I've not seen any sidewalk chalk art around these parts … admiring the font on the top left, "Happy Friday"!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I really enjoy the photos you post from the walks in your neighborhood and beyond and it was good to see local businesses being able to reopen. I understand your point about mask wearing a bit longer to be on the safe side, but these days who knows when that will be again. Good news on the library reopening. Ours only offers curbside pickup now.

obscure said...

My hair salon in Soho isn't opening until July 6th! I was so bummed I'm still wearing my mask outside too, and have no plans to stop in the near future.

Nellie said...

I'm so glad I checked in today! I've never been to New York, and I love seeing your pictures! While our area has "opened," we are still following the stay at home policy, leaving only for curbside pickup, bank drive through, and prescription drive through. Cases are on the increase here; when we're out for pickup, not even 50% of the people we see are wearing masks. I've taken the scissors to my own hair; the last time I saw my hairdresser is February 13. Buying books online has become my new normal. Unless all of us follow the guidelines, it will be a very long time before this virus danger is erased. Take care, be safe, stay well, and wear a mask!

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos of your beautiful city. I am still staying home but really enjoy blogs where people are out and about. I do my virtual traveling that way. It will feel so good to finally feel comfortable about going out like we used to, but I will definitely be wearing a mask until we see this this awful virus in the rear view mirror. I wish those businesses only the very best. Stay safe and happy 😊