Powered by Blogger.

Peony Pink Saturday


It's Pink Peony Pink Saturday

And it's red peony Pink Saturday



And more pink peonies

And one last pale pink peony joining with the last of the iris

These beauties were waiting for me last Sunday at the park and when I returned on Friday, both the iris and peonies were at the end of their season. Fortunately roses are coming right behind and I discovered a group of another very sweet and old-fashioned flower that will be making starring in next week's Pink Saturday fun.

This has been a tough week in New York City, and in an effort to keep my sanity reasonably intact, I took a holiday from (most) social media, including Buttercupland and blog visits. I also cut down on a complete overload of Zoom events, and limited things I did virtually. I've kept up with cooking, walking, virtual Weight Watchers and Yoga and Friday night services, and even did a serious clean up of my kitchen today. Though so much of my regular life is still closed, it felt really good to interact in person as much as possible. On Thursday and Friday, during regular walks in the neighborhood, I saw four different friends and had an impromptu chat with one of my synagogue friends sitting six feet apart on a bench in the middle of Broadway. Even with masks on we all recognized each other.  

Thanks for all the pen pal comments. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and get organized and reach out for addresses. I've got the first card ready to send to our dear Terra, and it's ready for the mailman on Monday. 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care, be well and much love! 

14 comments

Karen said...

THE PEONIES ARE LOVELY. THAT IS INDIANA'S STATE FLOWER. I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE A PEACEFUL WEEK.

Theresa said...

So many pink pretties! I have tried to NOT watch all that is happening but before I know it, I am watching again. I am deeply disturbed by it ALL I am praying for PEACE! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you managed to stay safe this past week. Take care of yourself and please send me your address so that I can send YOU a card! Hugs!

NanaDiana said...

Sometimes it makes good sense to just take a break from everything, media and all. I think when that happens we can refresh ourselves and get things done that sometimes take second place to media.
Glad you were able to visit with a friend. xo Diana

Lynda said...

Totally understandable about taking a break from social media especially the news.
One thing that has been important to me and probably many - - - is to keep close to studying my Bible and be reminded how God intended for us to act and treat each other. I, too, had a day like you last week when I felt pulled down in despair until I redirected my focus.
We have been able to get out and about, also and it feels GREAT!!! We are being sensible about it.
As my husband said this morning, it is wonderful to connect through Zoom with our friends in Sunday school but it's not the same as being in the same room together! We were created to interact in person with each other.
Thanks for the beauty you have posted! You are a blessing to many.
PS. I would do the pen pal thing but I am the WORST at paper correspondence. I don't know why but I am.

Susie said...

Carol, So nice you could visit with friends. I loved seeing all the pretty flowers. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's good to see a post from you! The peonies are gorgeous, my favorite is the pale pink. Glad you are doing well.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh I think about you being in New York. I feel for that city and you. I am glad you found some pink beauty there!

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing flowers!Hugs!

Dorothy In PA said...

We all need to step away from the world from time to time. I look for diversions that allow me to settle my mind.

I am excited about the PenPal postcards. I can't wait to hear how you will reach out to us. What fun!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just lovely to see the peonies, great pictures.

Have a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Melinda said...

Such pretties. My neighbor gave me a bouquet in May and
I enjoyed them a lot but they had to go out on our deck
cause they came with friends--ants!

So nice that you had some visiting occur. Sure miss that.

Take care.

M : )

Terra said...

Those peonies are beauties. Sometimes I find myself overbusy too, even though like you, I live on my own. I am enjoying a day today with no actual commitments. Tomorrow I will drive my dog and I to a friend's house and we will take a little walk together, wearing masks and keeping 6 feet apart. Enjoy your day.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Taking a break from our usual and/or day-to-day activities is always a good thing, Buttercup. I also enjoyed the beautiful blooms at the start of this post because it uplifts my spirits after so many negative images. It was great to read that you were able to see friends on your walk and to spend time talking. Nothing beats personal contact and video meetings while a substitute are definitely NOT the same thing as I think many folks would agree. BTW if you send me your address through the email on my blog, I will sent you a handwritten note.