Powered by Blogger.

Wedding Bell Blues Wednesday


Nessie and her attendant, Miss Fluffy

A few weeks ago Nessie and Pep Le Monkee announced their engagement, which was definitely a bright spot in this season of canceled events. Their hope was to have a destination wedding in the fall, with a Zoom reception following for their many friends around the world. Sadly, it appears that the destination wedding may not be at a far-away destination. Their wedding planner -- Buttercup -- is considering either Central or Riverside Park, either of which in the autumn would be beautiful and very romantic.

Despite this hiccup, wedding plans merrily continue. Miss Fluffy, Nessie's bestie, will be her attendant and will also plan the Bachelorette party. They've been poring over Pinterest for fun ideas and I see drinks with little parasols in the future. 

The biggest issue for Nessie -- and for many brides -- is what to wear. Someone suggested I could fashion something from -- gasp! -- toilet paper. Yes, it's very much of the moment, but I think a sweet bride like Nessie deserves something a little more permanent. I haven't sewn in decades, but being that Nessie is all of three inches tall I think I could tailor something festive and pretty for our bride. Nessie's heart is set on lace, so we'll be going in that direction. 

Besides wedding plans, I'm keeping busy with the usual walking, cooking and cleaning. I'm pleased to report that I started the day with vacuuming, done before I settled into computer time. I'm keeping up with my Weight Watcher meetings virtually and I'm adding back my Yoga group tonight, also by Zoom. What are your plans?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Much love and wash your hands.
  

17 comments

My Tata's Cottage said...

A sweet story for certain! Your imagination is filled with so many beautiful wedding ideas. I love it. Thank you for sharing the love here. HUGS xo

Ella said...

O gosh! What a special couple! Quite apart ... but where love is everything is possible!
Do I also receive an invitation? ... I have to prepare in advance. I'm from Holland! LOL
Can't wait to see the wedding dress!
We were on holiday in our own country today! I hope that soon we will visit Denmark for a day!

Have a nice day!

Mevely317 said...

Exciting times! But, will someone be hosting a bachelor party for Pep?

Linda M. Conley said...

{{grin}} Baby Georgette said, "So, I still have a chance to marry Pep?" Of course, she is dreamy in love with Pep. I am afraid, I have broken it to her, she's none to happy, Buttercup. Of course, Big brother Curious George is delighted his sister is nowhere near NYC to act on her feelings. {{grin}}

Lonni said...

It definitely is a much anticipated social event!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am thinking of getting a roll of wide lace ribbon, it would be divine! And the cake should definitely be something Scottish, maybe with shortbread around it!

Susie said...

Hi Carol, Wish I were as techy as you seem to be. :) The TP wedding dress, made me laugh. At my granddaughter's bridal shower,6 years ago, there was a contest to make TP wedding dresses on the littlest girls there. It was a fun time. Hope you are having good weather. two more days of rain here and then a week ,maybe of clear days and lower humidity. Yippee. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Has she made a bridal book yet? Looked in a bride magazine?

Laurel Wood said...

This is such fun! Cannot wait to learn more! I am walking on our street and the church across from me every day, even in our week-long rain! Looking forward to sunshine!

LC said...

Definitely your Nessie deserves a bit more formal than the TP route. My neighbors' son married a Scottish lass (pre-COVID-19), and the groom and his father sure looked spectacular in their kilts. The bride was beautiful in a simple but elegant gown. Looking forward to some wedding photos!

Dorothy In PA said...

I am so delighted that wedding plans continue. Yes, the bride to be must have a lovely gown. If you don't have time to create one, you can certainly call Vera Wang (smile).

Please do keep us updated on wedding details. Where is the couple registered?

To answer you question, I have been purchasing clothing for my new doll. I, alas, do not sew and the poor thing needs a wardrobe.

Himawan Sant said...

Hopefully the event and everything runs smoothly even though the event is temporarily delayed.

Theresa said...

Oh what a happy story! I will look forward to the festivities! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to read about the wedding plan updates, BC, even if there will necessarily be some changes in future. The couple still looks happy and I'll look forward to hearing more as the plans progress. Also doing some house chores here in early morning hours and getting outside as much as possible to walk. We're are getting a bit of an early heat wave here this week.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm thinking that if you have a lace doily or two, you could make up a beautiful dress and even a veil. Thank goodness for the internet and Zoom for keeping us in touch.

TARYTERRE said...

something to look forward to, for sure. i can't wait to see the dress. but make sure the groom doesn't see it until ceremony. glad things are going well otherwise. same old same old here. take care. stay safe.

Melinda said...

Love this story...so cute!

Sounds like a bit of normalcy for you is happening.

Happy Weekend!


M : )