Powered by Blogger.

Pink -- and Blue -- Saturday

Pink Saturday Sky at Night

I was in Lower Manhattan this week and as I turned west -- towards the Hudson River and New Jersey beyond -- this perfect pink sky was my treat for the evening. There is no filter, no editing except for a little cropping to focus the picture. I knew this moment in Manhattan was this week's Pink Saturday photograph. 

It's not just Pink Saturday this week, but we're also celebrating Blue Saturday. Blue Saturday is my own creation, created to share a few pictures from the basketball game I attended last night. The Columbia University Women's team played Harvard and won the game. I enjoy basketball, but I was there to see my friends' daughter cheer for Columbia. I've known Rachel, cheerleader extraordinaire, pretty much from the day she was born and it's been a joy watching her grow to be a talented, kind and accomplished young woman. So glad she chose Barnard College and has literally just been a mile away. 

Columbia cheerleaders on the left and dance team on the right

Always enjoy seeing Roary, the Columbia mascot

Yesterday was super busy and I'm enjoying quiet time today. I've got a big plan for this evening and right now I'm loving blogging, drinking coffee and catching up with my blog buddies. How are you spending this long weekend?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

10 comments

Terra said...

Thank you for capturing the moment of the pink sky, what a treat to see it.

Chatty Crone said...

That 'blue pink' sky was just awesome - especially that you captured it in New York amid the high rises - beautiful.

Lonni said...

Beautiful photo! I like your Blue Saturday addition!

Susie said...

Buttercup, I love the pictures. Especially that pink and blue sky. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous pictures!Enjoy your time!Unfortunately, I've got a cold...Hugs!

Linda said...

That was a gorgeous pink sky! I’ve never been to NYC so I get to see it through your blog.....

Theresa said...

Oh that view! What a pretty sky! I am sure you enjoyed the game and the cheering! Blue is pretty too:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Such a beautiful sky! Hope you plans last night went just the way you were hoping. Enjoy this week and I will see you again soon!

Pam said...

I love basketball and it sounds like you had a blast. Hoping we'll hear about your big plan!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was a great sky capture and I also like the photos of the basketball game for the blue part of this post theme. I soent the past weekend reading and catching up on some home chores.