Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Serenity Spa

Is anyone else ready for a spa day?

Though this has been a relatively mild winter -- so far -- it's still winter and I'm still wearing several layers in order to simply walk outside of my front door. One definite pick-me-up at this time of year -- any time of year! -- would be a day at a spa. In the interest of No-Spending January I'm making my spa day a Pink Saturday virtual spa fantasy. Magically I'm at a very luxurious spa with a view of the ocean. A few friends have joined me and after our pampered day we're enjoying the ocean view, the warm breeze and perhaps, a margarita. Anyone want to join me?

It's a great fantasy, but closer to home these pretty in pink products caught my attention at a wonderful local store, Sabon. During one of my walks I was intrigued by the beautiful displays. I didn't buy anything, but I looked and I sampled. 

I can't think of a more useful product than the body scrub in the winter. 

White Tea was lovely, very delicate with notes of fig, jasmine, white tea (of course) and cedar.
 I don't wear a lot of scent, but this intrigued me.  

I've enjoyed this fantasy get away, and hope it's been fun for you, too. As a pick me up I'm inspired to do an at home facial, and then relax with a cup of ginger tea. What's your winter pick me up? 

My cold now seems to have passed into history -- Hurray! -- and I'm happily out and about again. I had a wonderful day at the New York Times Travel Show today and I am filled with a host of new travel ideas. I will be doing a travel show post in the next few days and it will be a giveaway post.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a cozy weekend.

14 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Pretty in pink. I love the pictures with the big New York buildings reflected. Thanks for taking me to the spa, I needed it!

Deb J. in Utah said...

A day at a wonderful, relaxing spa - such an awesome fantasy! Will look forward to the post about the travel show. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful pink pictures!I am glad you get better of your cold!Have a lovely Sunday!

Carol said...

I loved this visit to the spa. I enjoy hot tea in the winter as my pick me up. I especially love to find flavors that enhance the winter feel, such as the Cranberry Vanilla that I am enjoying now.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read you are feeling better. Thanks for the comment on my unknown Friday Funny post and this week’s answer may not surprise you. Enjoyed the virtual spa visit and low or no cost is always a good thng.

Theresa said...

Oh that looks like the perfect way to spend a day! Enjoy your Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

Karen said...

What a nice treat! I'm glad you are feeling much better. Stay warm!

Mevely317 said...

These displays look so calming! Like Kenny Nolan, "I Like Dreamin'." The last spa I visited was aboard ship, TOO many years ago. Fortunately, my budget doesn't allow for that sort of pampering -- but I wouldn't turn down a glass of port on a chilly eve. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Beautiful shop and I LOVE those colors. Stay warm. sandie

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Thanks for visiting my little space!
Happy to be your newest follower. : )
Have a cozy Sunday!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

What a great idea for a virtual spa day. I would like to actually have a spa day soon. I just can't decide what I want to have done. LOL. I love that store Sabon and all of the great smelling scrubs. Hope you have a nice week.

Ti M said...

Hi,
I follow you #527 , follow back?

https://fashionisbiglove.blogspot.com/

TARYTERRE said...

i'm in. it's a great idea for a virtual spa day. we'll feel so relaxed, stress melted away.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Although my hair salon is part of a spa, I have never taken advantage of the facilities. A virtual one is my only experience.