Powered by Blogger.

Happy Australia Day!

Happy Australia Day!

Though Australia Day -- the official national day of Australia -- has ended in Australia, it's still January 26 in my corner of the world and there's still time to salute Australia. I'm going to share a few quick facts in our salute to the land down under. 

First fact: The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world. It sits in the Coral Sea, off the coast of Queensland, Australia. When I visited Australia literally two years ago I had the good fortune to visit the area of the Great Coral Reef. The picture above is the view from the ship our group took out to the Reef. The city of Cairns is in the background. 

 Splashguard, hat and lots of sunscreen for a beautiful Australian summer day!

Second fact: Australia is the sixth largest country in the world. I was fascinated by this map I saw while in Alice Springs. It gave me a much better sense of the vastness of the country that I was visiting. 

All of these countries would be able to fit inside Australia, with room to spare

(Subjective) Third fact: Australia has great coffee!

My favorite coffee spot in my Australia travels was in Cairns. I'm only sorry I didn't
 stay long enough to use my "Buy 10 cups and get one free" card.

I hope you've enjoyed our too quick visit to Australia. Once again, I'm offering prayers and good wishes for the people and animals affected by the fires. 

So glad to be well again and so grateful to be well again. So enjoyed getting out and walking. Very blessed with a sunny and mild winter day. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week!

10 comments

LC said...

What a wonderful adventure! Thanks for sharing. The map provided a striking reality check on Australia's size. Glad you are out and about, able to enjoy the day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I sure would like to visit Australia. Thanks for this post. Glad you are having a good weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Poor Australia. I did not know it was this big! And I did not know their flag, it is very pretty.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Thanks for taking me along on your trip! ♥

TARYTERRE said...

i love a celebration. what a great day it is. thanks for the wonderful trip to a part of the world i've never been. it's beautiful.

Mevely317 said...

Trip of a lifetime! Wow, I'm truly blown away by that map. I hope you continue to experience a sunny Today!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Gppd tp remember autrailia on their special day. You were blessed to be their before these terrible fires happened. Nice to see you enjoying your sunny day ! Her it is quite dark and dreary out today. Thanks for sharing your bit of sunshine!

Buba said...

I follow you # 528 ,follow back?

https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

Tijana said...

Hi, nice post. I follow you #529 ,follow back?

http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

Little Wandering Wren said...

Greetings from Melbourne! I love seeing how your trip to Australia is still in your heart and that we are still on your mind! Have a lovely week, reading on to the next post great to see you getting back to things!
Talking of which come back to Aus!
Wren x