Powered by Blogger.

It's my Blogaversary...

And there are no Blog Party supplies anywhere!


We'll go with a unicorn theme to celebrate the 11th anniversary of the not-so mythical Buttercupland. 

On Monday, January 12, 2009 Buttercupland was created. Either I was going to become an overnight blogging sensation or I'd be a former blogger by the end of February 2009. Neither happened. I didn't become an overnight blogging sensation, but I'm not a former blogger, either. Surprisingly -- to me -- Buttercupland is going strong and last month was one of the best months ever. 

For the last few years, for no particular reason, my blogging enthusiasm has waned. But for no particular reason I can determine I got a second wind in December and not only posted more, but commented a lot more. I think I erroneously believed that blogging was waning and there were few new blogs and new friends to discover. Ha! We have proved them wrong.  Many thanks to new followers and to those who have been part of Buttercupland for a long, long time. So grateful that you are all part of this journey.  

My thoughts from my first blogaversary post in 2010:

 When I started the blog I had no expectations. My goal was to "see myself and the world in a happier and more upbeat way." And unlike any number of things I've tried I've succeeded in this, at least in my perception of myself. I'm not too upbeat about the world in general, but there are a lot of people across the globe who help me see the world in a little more upbeat way. Thank you all so much. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and thanks for being part of Buttercupland. 

16 comments

collettakay said...

Happy blogaversary! I'm coming up on 11 years :)

Colletta

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Blogverssary! I am glad that you have continued all this time. So many are leaving for Facebook.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Blogaversary! I have been at it a while too - I think I started my first blog back in 2007. Hope you keep going for a long time to come. Have a great week!

TARYTERRE said...

congratulations. i love your blog and look forward to each post.

Ruthie Rey B said...

Thank you for reaching the world of blog in the unique updeat way. Always enjoy your posts. Happy Annie.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Blogverssary! I am glad that you have continued all this time and please continue!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So true blogging is a good way to keep in touch not only with my family but with others too. Bloggers are exceptional people and have become part of my extended family

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

For got to say Congratualastions on your Blogoversary. Keep up the good work!

Theresa said...

I also started blogging in 2009. I have been a Buttercup follower for quite some time and enjoy seeing what you are up to, especially your travel blogs are some of my favorites! Have a blessed Bloggerversary dear friend and many more years ahead, HUGS!

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations! I've loved looking through the window (er, monitor) to your happy place all these years.

Pam said...

Congrats, Happy Blogiversary! I started 3 months before you, that's a lot of time for us!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Congrats on so many years of blogging. I enjoy visiting and reading your blog and to see the places that you visit in the city.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated blog anniversary wishes to you from a relative newcomer to reading your posts, which I do enjoy, thank you. Like yourself, I often go through blog doubts about continuing, stopping, starting anew but then these lass and I continue. In recent years, my blog posts have become less frequent. When my husband and I started the blog as a joint endeavor, we posted on a daily basis as it was a new and exciting venture, but hus interest has waned somewhat and mine dimmed for awhile, but has since been renewed. There are so many interesting people in blog land, each with their own stories to share and meeting them through their posts has been enjoyable. Sending you best wishes for your continued posts in Buttercupland.

Melinda said...

Happy, Happy Blogversary!

Have enjoyed following your adventures,
looking forward to more!

M : )

LC said...

i am new to Buttercup land and enjoy my visits. I look forward to your celebrating many more blogversaries!

Louca por porcelana said...

Happy Belated Blogversary!I am a new follower too and enjoy my visits here!