Powered by Blogger.

All I Want for Christmas...

Merry Christmas from my house -- lobby, actually -- to yours!

You know you're grown up when the things you'd like to find under the Christmas tree don't come in packages with shiny bows. I've gotten two of my wishes already -- good checkups at the both dentist and the ophthalmologist this month. 

Other items on my list are equally intangible, but they're the wishes of my heart. It's not a long list, but Santa -- and all of us -- will have to work overtime to make them come true.  

1) A cure for cancer

2) World Peace

3) Good health for my friends and family

4) Lastly, for my neighbors and me, a working stove and oven. I'm looking at you, NYC Department of Buildings. Santa really needs your help on this one. 

As I said, it's not a long list, but it's got just about everything I really need for 2020. My wish for this Christmas is that the intangibles in your heart become your gifts of the season. 

May your days be merry and bright!
Merry Christmas from Buttercupland 

16 comments

Arlene G said...

Thanks for stopping by Nanaland today Buttercup!! I love NYC even though I have never been there. It is on my bucket list. Here in the sunny south, it is 70 today but hey, I will take it!! I hope you get your oven that works...how can you bake without a dependable oven. Boo Hiss to the powers that be...may they get a heart this Christmas.:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thank you Buttercup for your visit and comment on our blog. Both were much appreciated as I so enjoy making new blog friends. I have enjoyed reading some of your earlier blog posts as a NJ native, your posts bring back memories of times spent visiting NYC. I plan to revisit and if it's OK with you, I would like to include your blog on my blog list for easier reference.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Merry 🎄 Christmas & Happy 🍾 New Year to you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope ALL your wishes come true, buttercup! Merry Christmas!!

Susie said...

Thank you for wishing good things for all of us too. I am hoping you all get new working stoves too. Good health is a great gift. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

I wish I could wave a magic wand and fulfill all those needs...meanwhile, I just keep praying that those things happen.
I am glad we are bloggy friends. Merry Christmas- xo Diana

Mevely317 said...

Perfectly said! I'm honored to Join you in prayer for each of these.

TARYTERRE said...

a beautiful tree. wishes that pack a punch. i will say a prayer in hops that all will come true. have a wonderful day.

Laurel Wood said...

I hope your wishes come true! Thanks for the sweet wishes and the photo of your lovely tree in the lobby. Thank you for your blog friendship and all the best in the new year. xo

Linda said...

Ugh on the non working stove/oven...ours is heading that way. They just don't make them like they use too, smiles.

Wishing you and Pepe and the rest of the gang a very Merry Christmas. smiles

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Merry Christmas, May all your wishes come true !

Visits With Mary said...

Not a long list but a GOOD list. Hope you've had a very Merry Christmas!

Louca por porcelana said...

May all your wishes come true...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Gloria said...

Great wishes and may they all come true!
Happy New Year to you and yours.

LC said...

A great list, and I appreciate the Christmas wish for your readers. The intangibles are the true treasure indeed. Happy New Year!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I do hope that you get to use your stove and oven soon as it seems like it's such a long time. Thanks for the blog visits and I enjoyed looking at the holiday sights in the city that you have posted about. Wishing you a happy new year.
Julie xo