Powered by Blogger.

You Don't Know What You've Got...

It doesn't look fancy, but it's very special to me.

There have been times in the last few years when I've thought about giving up blogging, but no more. Sadly it took the demise of my beloved computer to make me fully realize how much I liked my "on-line magazine" and the community of friends I've made as a blogger. Blogging via my phone was an okay stopgap to let you know that I was still in this world, but it doesn't take the place of a computer and and keyboard.  

I'm sure I've got some things to learn, but with one issue, I'm happily typing away. Most of today will be spent logging into favorite sites and entering passwords, but I couldn't let the day go by without a quick hello and giving many thanks for all of your comments.  

On a different note, not having a computer helped me move along with decluttering. I committed to a bag of shredding every day and have met my target. I'm both shocked and amazed at all the paper that I've managed to accumulate and pleased with the amount I've recycled in less than a week. I'm also happy to report that I've started my cards for this holiday season. 

The last few days have been winter coat days, but happily we're back to autumn again and 48 degrees. I've got a not-yet overdue library book to return and the need for a walk while it's still light out calling my name. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

11 comments

Chatty Crone said...

It looks beautiful to me. sandie

Laurel Wood said...

I am happy to see you are up and running on the new computer. I've missed your posts. We are having a few mild days, after several days of rain. I purchased my Christmas cards today. This year is slipping away too quickly. Enjoy your day. xo Mildred

Susie said...

Carol, I am lost when it comes to computers. I can't get mine to load pictures any more. You can't seem to find people who will work on them either. Oh not those geeks...that's who messed mine up. Wishing you good luck. Blessings, stay warm. xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

'So good to 'see' you back! Wow, that monitor looks like a drive-in movie screen. (*smile*) YAY on the de-cluttering! Before the big move, I remember feeling astonished at the amount of paper Tom and I'd managed to accumulate. Were it not for Office Depot's $1/per pound shredder I might still be sitting and muttering on that closet floor.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So glad you have a computer now!! I have our Christmas cards, but have not started addressing them yet.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I hope to get a new computer soon also. Mine is old and slow like me and it is frustrating. Have fun exploring and learning.

I was delighted to see your picture on Sandi’s (Cherry Crone) blog. What a terrific picture that was. It looked like you two were having a great time together.

LC said...

Now that computer looks wonderful. Glad you are in action again. And kudos for decluttering persistence and success. I made a good start three years ago in preparation for moving into the downsized home we built. When we moved in we were busy settling in and traveling. My efforts stalled and now our attic is home to stuff i still need to deal with.

I have, however, become more mindful about dealing with potential clutter as I go now.

Deanna Rabe said...

Hurray for new computers!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congrats on the new computer. So true we never really appreciate what we have until we no longer have it. Blogging is a habit for me and it makes my days better. The occasional comments I get only add to the fun. I have a whole new set of friends, thanks to blogger.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I agree...it looks beautiful! I would be lost without mine AND my blog! I love blogging and the friends I've made! Glad to see you up and running! Always fun to get everything set up though! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Louise said...

Hi- I don’t blog but have several that I follow, and I found yours and saw that you live in New York.. I LOVE New York, I even go to live Earth Cams that show New York and just watch!! Crazy huh?? I live in Covington Tennessee so you seem a world away!! ... I hope you don’t mind- I’m not a stalker, just a fan! Blessings to you!