Powered by Blogger.

This Is Post Number 2001

My first blog photograph -- Miami, as I sailed off on vacation  

Blogger reminded me that yesterday's post was number 2000. Really. In commemoration of a practice that I wasn't sure would last more than a month, let's virtually amble down memory lane.

I wrote my first post on January 12, 2009, "New Year, New Blog." It was about ten lines, had no pictures and received no comments. My second post, "Saturday Morning" still had no pictures, but there was one comment. By my sixth post, "Tagged" on January 26 I had my first follower, and I was so thrilled. I felt as though I was an actual blogger. And I was.

I'm not going to recount every one of the 2000 posts that became Buttercupland, but it's interesting and fun to go back to the very earliest posts. I know that some of my present blog friends have been with me almost since the very beginning and I am so grateful for the wonderful community that I've met -- virtually and literally -- over the years.

As a very small token of my thanks, blog buddies, I am doing a very quick thank you giveaway. The win is a surprise, but it will include one tote bag to carry for holiday shopping. Please be a friend of Buttercupland and leave a comment telling us why you like to blog/read blogs. Comments close on Saturday, 11:59 p.m and I will announce the winner on Sunday, December 1.

It's a perfect autumn day in New York, clear,crisp and sunny. After the usual initial reluctance I got myself to water aerobics. It was a good session for both exercise and seeing friends. I started going to water aerobics last April and I really feel at ease with the regulars in the class. They're not just people in my class, but they're people I greet by name. It's a great feeling and as I count my Thanksgiving blessings I'm definitely grateful for new friends and experiences. What are you especially grateful for this year?

As ever, thanks for visiting and thanks for being part of this 2,000 post adventure. It couldn't have happened without all of Buttercupland.  

15 comments

Hootin Anni said...

Congratulations!

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations, indeed!
You've prompted me to look up my own first (embarrassingly feeble) posts. It took 7 tries before I had my first comment, and you'd have thought it was New Years Eve on my desktop. :)
Seriously, had no idea what I was doing but bless the muse that refused to give up. Yours, too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Blogversarry! I like reading blogs because we can learn so much, and there are so many different views on matters. We can also virtually travel to places we will never go. and also make new friends. When in a jam, we can ask advice as well. Water aerobics is so healthy, without any stress on joints!

Pam said...

Congrats! I've always enjoyed your blog!

Deanna Rabe said...

What a wonderful achievement! I love blogging, sharing life, encouragement, and friendship with others. My blog friends have become some of my closest real life friends, too! But of course they would, for we share many things in common.

I love your blog, because it has taught me a lot about NYC, with the neighborhoods, and hidden gems of parks, and stores, etc.

Linda said...

I’ve been blogging since 2010.....as an online journal that I thought only family and friends would ever read. God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends and broadened my horizons. I get to arm chair travel - as with you in NYC - and learn so much from so many!
Congratulations on you Blogversary!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Congratulations, Carol. That is quite an accomplishment! I think we might all start out to try something new and really never think of it being a long-term commitment. Then we connect with people from all over and all backgrounds and we are hooked. What keeps me on blogger are the friends I meet and the things I learn.

Joyce F said...

Congratulations! I like reading blogs because it is interesting to see how people in other parts of the country/world live, see the recipes they share as well as pictures of places they have been.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love to read your blog and see NYC as you experience it! Your travel photos are amazing and I have read several of the books you've reviewed over the years. We are the same age too....that makes us instant 'best blog buddies'! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chatty Crone said...

Congratulations girl - that is a lot of wonderful blogs! Did yous start in 2009?

TARYTERRE said...

wow. congratulations. i love your blog and couldn't imagine it not being here. this year i am grateful for the support of my family and friends as my health has thrown me a few curves. i hope you have a wonderful day celebrating. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

LC said...

Found your blog only recently and I have been enjoying it so much. I have been a sporadic blogger since 2009. i am thankful for new and long-term friends, armchair travel, good advice and literally a window to the world. And I will forever appreciate the encouragement, laughter, insights, and sharing life with remarkable people.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, congratulations! 2000 posts sounds very impressive.
Love your photo of Miami.

Paula said...

Wow! Congratulations!! Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Laurel Wood said...

Congrats on 2,000! It has been a pleasure to follow you thru the years and "go along" on your trips and to see NY. I'm thankful for blog friendships!