Powered by Blogger.

It's Double "I" Saturday

We're celebrating Irish Coffee in the Historic capital of the Incas, Cusco, Peru
 
I'm pretty sure that the expectation for our A to Z location for Irish coffee -- hot coffee with whiskey and cream -- would be Ireland. But my last experience with a delicious serving or Irish coffee was when I visited Cusco, Peru, the capital of the Inca Empire in the thirteenth to sixteenth centuries. I traveled to Peru with a wonderful group and spent most of my time with them. But we had an unscheduled afternoon in beautiful Cusco and I found myself a few blocks from a restaurant that I'd been reading about, Chicha. This may be the only time in my life I've ordered coffee with whiskey in the middle of the afternoon, but I savored my long, lazy afternoon, beginning with this wonderful coffee treat.
 
I don't remember what I ordered for a main course, but I finished my very indulgent lunch with this chocolate trio -- ice cream, sauce and soufflé. Delicious and memorable.
 
The Main Plaza in Cusco
 

In the past I've gotten farther than I in my A to Z Blogging Challenge, usually fizzling out around S or T. I'm actually finishing my A to Z entries with tonight's post. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my first post-surgery trip out of New York City and I'm going semi off the grid. I'm leaving my iPad home -- the source of my away from home blog posts -- and will be attempting to look at my phone a lot less during the time I'm away. It's a quick trip, made even quicker by a flight cancellation by JetBlue. I'd hoped to be at my destination this afternoon, but the vagaries of air travel interfered. Off to Vermont tomorrow for a few days of fun, friendship and springtime in New England.
 
Much appreciation to everyone who followed our coffee journey and thanks for comments and good wishes. As ever, thanks for visiting and hope you're having a great weekend.   

6 comments

Terra said...

Your Irish coffee and desserts look yummy. My husband and I sometimes had Irish coffee in San Francisco, in the area of many coffee shops, I think it is called North Beach.

TARYTERRE said...

godspeed.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've only had Irish Coffee a time or two and enjoyed it as well. It's a real treat that doesn't come along often at all. Enjoy your trip and all the sights of New England in the Spring.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We love good coffee and what a treat to have the specialties like this! Enjoy your trip!

Theresa said...

Oh dear, that coffee and dessert looks YUMMY! Enjoy your time away, sending HUGS and prayers your way for safe travels!

Sandi said...

That Irish coffee...GASP!