Powered by Blogger.

I is for Iced Coffee (on Easter Afternoon)

Enjoying iced coffee on a perfect Easter Sunday afternoon
 
The weather was perfect today for people and hat watching at Rockefeller Center. I enjoyed my favorite coffee drink, iced and light, while Pep LeMonkee and I enjoyed watching what will most likely be one of the last days of ice skating for this season.
 
This year's Easter décor at Rockefeller Center featured tree branches and hundreds of lilies. It was lovely, but I missed the bunnies of years gone by.
 
There were pretty hats and more eccentric hats and it was fascinating to watch. The Easter Parade, which isn't actually a parade, but an endless stream of people walking around the Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick's Cathedral area on Fifth Avenue. 
 

All-pink ensemble meets iconic New York hot dog cart.
 
 This is my favorite moment of the day.
Yellow taxi and family in matching taxi yellow meet Lady in Red on Sixth Avenue. 
 
I've been happy welcome bloggers who are participating in the A to Z Challenge. I'm falling behind, but will keep going until the end of April. I may not be fulfilling the letter of the Challenge, but I'm keeping with the spirit. I hope everyone is enjoying our adventures around the world. I'm also linking to my friends in Pink Saturday. For the last several weeks I haven't been able to link up and I'm not able to analyze the problem issue. I'm giving it another try this evening. 
 
It was a glorious Easter day in New York, but that was not the case everywhere. I want to offer my sympathy to those injured and the families of those killed in Sri Lanka. My heart is with all of you.
 
Dear friends, I hope you had a bright and beautiful Easter and a wonderful Passover celebration. As ever thanks for visiting.  
 
Please note: I'm attempting to cut down on my use of plastic straws, but was unable to find a paper straw and walk through the crowds with an open cup. 

10 comments

TARYTERRE said...

a beautiful afternoon, indeed.

Jess said...

Good note!! Should I get you an awesome metal straw for those moments?

Linda said...

People watching at its finest! Loved seeing what YOU see!

Theresa said...

Love the colorful outfits, especially the lady in red:) Enjoy your day and week ahead dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a beautiful Easter parade. I loved the color and all the different hats. Every year at church I look for them in the congregation, and am seeing fewer and fewer. I don't wear them any more but am hoping to find one for next year. We were a bit on the chilly side in the mid 50's here, but many did have their sandals on . Not me, for sure. I celebrated by wear my socks with bunnies on them.

Lynda said...

I have reusable plastic straws I use at home for my big cups of water.
However I do NOT feel guilty getting a plastic straw from a restaurant especially since the plastic or styrofoam take-out cup is more waste than a straw. I have been a good environmentalist but have a thing about my straws. No paper or metal.

Mandy said...

I've always wanted to go to NYC to see the Easter parade/hats. Thanks for sharing the images. It looks like it was a fun day! :)

With Love,
Mandy

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful photos of Easter parade...
I love ice coffee...
Have a wonderful day

Melinda said...

Fun times!


M : )

على جمال said...

افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
ارخص شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الاسود بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
تمتلك افضل الطرق والمعدات في تنظيف الواحدات الداخلية والخاريجة للمكيفات توفر تنظيف المكيفات الاسبلت الفريون الكاست شركة غسيل مكيفات توفر خدمة تعبئة الفريون بسعر مميز شركة نظافة مكيفات تساعد علي رفع كفاءة التشغيل مرة اخري