Powered by Blogger.

Happy Tenth Anniversary, Buttercupland




There's a party going on right here!
 
There's a party going on in Buttercupland. On January 12, 2009 Buttercupland had its first post, New Year, New Blog. There were seven posts in January and six comments. I got my first follower and I remember being very excited.

That was ten years and 1,929 posts and 500 followers later Buttercupland is still very much alive. Blogging has diminished and the social media landscape has changed tremendously, but as long as there are readers and a platform I'll happily keep blogging.

In a nod to tradition I'm using the same animal party gif I used for the first blogaversary in 2010 and in the same spirit of tradition I'm doing a giveaway. It wouldn't be a celebration without a present (or two). A tenth anniversary is traditionally celebrated with tin or aluminum. I'm breaking with tradition and our giveaway prize is a $10. dollar gift certificate to either Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, winner's choice. It's not tradition, but we love coffee in Buttercupland and think most of our citizens do, too. There will also be a second prize of a book, genre to be determined. The giveaway rules are simple. Please be a follower of Buttercupland and leave a comment, by midnight January 31. I'll post the winners on February 1. Easy, peasey!  

It's been a great ten years, with fun and friendship that I couldn't have imagined when I wrote the first post of Buttercupland on January 12, 2009. I have made friends throughout the world and it's impossible to imagine my life without my blog buddies. This treasure arrived today from my friend, Terra in California.
 
 

 I will amend this message as my tenth anniversary theme:
Keep calm and blog on!
 
As ever, thanks for visiting, and thanks for being part of my life!
 

16 comments

Lisa said...

Happy blogversary! I was certain I'd see a book prize ��

Mevely317 said...

My life would be poorer indeed, were it not for Buttercup. Thank you so much for your encouragement and friendship, too.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy 10th blog anniversaey, Carol! Glad you are continuing to blog as I enjoy your blog.
I am a couple years ahead of you in blog world. It's hard to believe how blogging has changed over the years, and as you said many have left for other social platforms, but I'd also feel sad to give up on it completely. I can't belive that now I've been blogging more years about Cokorado than I did about Brooklyn and NYC.

Life has certainly been a wonderful adventure for us both!

JoAnn said...

Enjoyed your blog for several years. I have always wanted to live in Manhattan and can live vicariously though your blog.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy blogaversary! I'm glad we've been friends for much of this time. You've introduced me to books and authors I would not have found on my own. And shown me views of the city that I've never seen! I love your blog! Happy blogging!

Joyce F said...

Happy blogaversary. I enjoy your posts about a city I will probably never be able to visit.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congrats on hanging in there for 10 years of blogging. So many I know didn't make it that long. Keep on blogging ! To me it's a very rewarding habit to have.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I am so glad you are carrying on. :) You live where there's so much to see and do...never a shortage of blog material. :) I have love seeing your city thru your photos. Blessings, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

Terra said...

Happy blogaversary Carol, and I am happy my card is helping your much deserved celebration. It is so good to be friends with you for these many years, though we have not met in person yet.

Joy Nissen said...

Happy 10th blogaversary!! I do so love your blog and all your adventures you share!! Carry on blogging and adventuring, carry on!! <3

It's me said...

Happy blog anniversary !!!.....love Ria 💕

Curtains in My Tree said...

Happy Blogland anniversary also

Debbie said...

Love your blog! Hugs on your anniversary!

Melinda said...

Congratulations to you my blog friend!
We started blogging the same year. My
10th will be in July.
Blogging has definitely changed but we
keep plugging along!

Here's to 10 more.

M : )

My Tata's Cottage said...

Happy blogaversary! I fell off the blog grid for a while but I love it here more than the social media scene. People tend to get angry and too opinionated there. Here I can remember stories and talk about the phamily and the furry phamily and I have to say, some of the kindest and most awesome friends ever!
You are such a kind heart and it has always been a favorite place to visit. I hope you have many more wonderful blogging years to come.

Thank you. Hugs to you!

Anne Payne said...

Carol, Congrats on 10 years of blogging!!! I have loved seeing NYC and the world through your eyes! Blogging has sure changed and many times I've thought of giving it up but like you said, as long as someone is reading it, I will keep going. I've had several changes to mine over the years and probably should have just stayed with the original URL etc.
Anyway, I meant to get over here last week but I've been sick. Have a blessed week!!!