Powered by Blogger.

We Wish You a Happy Monkey Monday

Greetings from Pep, looking festive in his Santa hat, and friends!
 
Today marks one of the happiest days in Buttercupland, Christmas Monkey Monday. We've celebrated Monkey Monday a number of times in the past throughout the year, but each year the entire group of monkey friends join together to wish all of Buttercupland a merry Christmas, a festive season and a very glad new year. 
 
Some may notice that everyone is not looking at the camera, but please, remember that it's nearly impossible to get seven monkeys to all smile at the camera at the same time. They're a wiggling, giggling have-a-good-time group and yes, as much fun as a barrel of monkeys can be. Traditionally, the snowmen make their appearance on Snowman Sunday, which has in the past has been the day before Monkey Monday. This year they will appear next week to offer their greetings. 
 
I don't know about you, but I'm not my calmest self. There's no reason to explain my lack of serenity. I'm not working, shop all year round, had my cards ready to address three weeks ago and am fortunate to spend Christmas with friends. But I've yet to finish my cards and there are three packages yet to wrap and mail. I was going great the first week in December, but my energy is fading away. Some of the cards may not get there before New Year's, but I'm hoping I get a second wind in the next few days and get writing. Every year I plan to do better and every year at this time it seems to be the same. But Pep and friends are celebrating and I had a great afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum with a friend. Celebration, friendship and being with those we love are what really matter and all the rest gets done -- mostly!
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a cozy evening. Please stop by tomorrow for a visit to the Metropolitan Museum and the beautiful tree and crèche.    

3 comments

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am feeling very similar, Carol. I started out December with a bang, doing things and accomplishing much. Then last week I started to slide into laziness. I think we could both use a shot of Lucy’s Vitameatavegemin.

Let the holiday bring up your spirits.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for sharing those hoppy monkey faces ! There surely did make me smile. Like you I promise to do better but every year is the same.

Theresa said...

Those are the cutest monkeys:) I am down to the wire with wrapping still to do and groceries to buy. I am getting there, just not there yet. Have a blessed week ahead dear friend, HUGS!