Powered by Blogger.

The Dignity You Save May Be Your Own: An Announcement from the Buttercupland Department of Public Safety


This bathing suit innocently hanging on the dressing room wall looks harmless. The top looks adequate to cover what needs to be covered and the bottom appears generous. It has the added advantage of being on sale. A senior citizen bathing suit shopper is optimistic that this may end the misery that marks buying a bathing suit.

Ha! The summer of 2018 has brought a new danger to bathing suit shopping and the usually aware Buttercupland Department of Public Safety had fallen down on the job. Happily a disaster was averted in the TJ Maxx fitting room this week.


What looks harmless from the front photograph is a danger waiting to happen. I got caught in the straps, which wrapped around my head. There are no photographs because it was not a pretty picture. I was so busy extricating myself from the top that taking a selfie was the last thing on my mind. Was I close to needing 911? No! Was it awkward, unpleasant and a waste of a good five minutes that I will never get back again? Yes!

The Buttercupland Department of Public Safety issues this summer bulletin:
 
Remember to check all of a bathing suit before you try it on. The dignity you save may be your own. 
 Also, remember to buy a bathing suit early in the season.
 A wide selection helps avert desperate shopping.
 
I'm now off for a beach weekend, bringing a bathing suit that is an old friend, and grateful to have it.
It's been a busy week with a number of medical appointments, which kept me busy. Next week looks quieter and calmer and I plan to spend more time in Buttercupland than doctor's waiting rooms.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a great weekend! 

9 comments

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! Considering we are the same age....I can laugh WITH you! It does look cute though! Enjoy your weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Girl that was funny - now I would never ever even begin to try a two piece bathing suit - so you are brave too. sandie

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh my. Life I getting more confusing every day. Trying on bathing suits is only fun for girls under ten.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have several suits so thankfully there is no need for shopping here. But thanks for the warning. So far my suits have stayed in the drawer this summer. We have a lovely pool here, but I haven't gone. I'm thinking no one wants to see me in my bathing suit. I think I must be getting old...Ha ! Enjoy the beach weekend, It's my favorite place to go !

Theresa said...

HEHE... had that same problem and no pictures of mine either:) Enjoy your day and your time at the beach! HUGS!

Nellie said...

Well, it does look harmless enough just hanging there! I bought one to take on a beach vacation the last week in May; didn't put it on then, and it is still waiting for that debut! Maybe next season! Have fun this weekend! Big hugs coming your way!

Susie said...

Wow girl, you are brave. LOL. All those straps , no way. I like a nice thick strap over the shoulders. But really, I no longer ever go swimming, and forget about lying in the sun. Hope you have a fun trip to the beach. Be safe wear your sunscreen. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Melinda said...

Too funny about the swimsuit.
You were braver than I for sure!


M : )

Unknown said...

I bought a swim suit a few years ago - I don't go places that call for one. The two piece from Land's End is comfortable and is blousely enough to hide any rolls.