Powered by Blogger.

May Flowers Pink Saturday


April showers and May showers gave us these glorious spring flowers
 
It's been a cold and rainy -- very rainy -- spring and what should be the sunny days of May have been the rainy days of May. But when I can look beyond no sun and soggy shoes I see some of the prettiest flowers growing in the patch of grass between the sidewalks of New York and the my street. I was coming home from the umpteenth day of doing errands clad in a raincoat and I looked down and discovered these beauties. I know Pink Saturday is anything goes now, I still am pleased when I find just the right photograph that's pretty in pink.
 
I had hoped to get to the post for "U" today, but unexpected (and very welcome) company from California delightedly turned my plans upside down. I make every effort not to overschedule, but this seems to be one of those seasons where I've said yes to too many interesting things. I don't quite have the retirement complaint that I'm busier than when I worked, but I'm busier than I've been in a long while.
 
This will be a short and sweet post as I wind down to get ready for the week ahead. As always, thanks for visiting and good wishes for the week ahead. 
      

8 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Same here we have some May flowers, but still continue on with April showers and are quite soggy. How nice to have some unexpected company! Hope you have a great week ahead!

Debbie said...

Our flowers are late also, but that's because of the extended cold and snow from Winter here in the Mid-West. Our season for flowers is short as it is, and this year will be even shorter, unless we get a Fall that lasts longer than usual. I'm not going to complain, just yet, because the lilacs are blooming, and the scent is intoxicating...causing my heart to swell, and fill with joy, with the anticipation for more flowers to bloom filling the air with the smells and sights of Summer!
Great post! Hope your weekend was a fun one with your company. Enjoy the week ahead!
Debbie
xo

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Unexpected company is sometimes good and sometimes not so good. I am glad it turned out well for you.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, I hope you had a wonderful visit with your California surprise! Peace.

Theresa said...

Thanks for that beautiful bouquet:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Susie said...

Gee Buttercup...look how late I am getting to this post. I love the flowers. I hope your weekend was wonderful. There will come times when you will wonder how you ever had enough time to even go to work. LOL. If I ever come to NYC again , I will let you know in advance and we can meet at one of your amazing coffee shops, my treat. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

TARYTERRE said...

beautiful flowers. enjoy your visit.

Anne Payne said...

Beautiful photo and I love the Hydrangeas! Have a blessed weekend.