Powered by Blogger.

Blue Skies Smiling at Me Pink Saturday

 
I'm looking towards Central Park, which is only a block away. 

At the beginning of this month I put my hat away and figured I wouldn't see my scarf again until the fall. Ha! We've had snow, we've had rain and we've had some gloomy days. But not Friday. Friday was a totally blue sky day and I walked home from the Y and enjoyed the weather, the blue skies and the neighborhood. It was cold, but I was dressed for it and I took advantage of every sunny afternoon minute I could get. 
 
I turned down one of the side streets off of Columbus Avenue and stopped to enjoy the sky, the clouds and the architectural details. 


I love this display in front of one of the remaining bodegas/corner grocery stores in the neighborhood. When I first moved to the area, there was probably a small grocery on every other block, but with rents going up they are becoming scarce. They're not fancy, but they are generally open 24 hours a day/seven days a week. When I needed to leave for work very early or if I was coming home late at night, their lights were a welcome beacon.

The blue skies fade into the sunset over the Hudson River. New Jersey is in the distance and on the left is a memorial to the Union soldiers of the Civil War.
 
Thanks for all the comments and good wishes for the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge. While I was walking on Friday I met two friends also out enjoying the weather. Our conversation sparked an idea and I've shifted my theme. I ran it by a member of my "editorial board" last night and it's good to go. It's going to take a lot more work, but I'm excited. I hope you will be, too. Thanks, B. for your input.
 
 
It's time for a visit to my sweet friends at Pink Saturday. If you want to meet some of the nicest bloggers anywhere, please drop by, too.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week. Wishing you -- and me -- blue skies!

 

12 comments

TARYTERRE said...

I love the display in front of your corner grocery store. it brightens up the neighborhood to be sure.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

We have had a wonderfully sunny weekend here in Oregon too! Yipee - I even needed to whip out the sunglasses! ♥

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

More snow predicted tomorrow. This has got to be the last one. Spring is eight days away and I want to think that the grey will be gone and blue skies will take over. Just looking at the picture of the corner store with all the colorful planters gave me hope and made me feel good.

Theresa said...

The blue skies make even a cold day feel better. LOVE that colorful display of flowers:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We had blue skies here over the weekend and today the sun has blessed ua again . But it is very cold yet and gloves, hats and scarfs are still needed for sure. I particularly like the picture of the store with the blooming tulips. I hope this one stays around for you.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that display too. I love that you live downtown - you need to tell me about that some time. I bet you can go anywhere and do anything you want there. Sandie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the details of the older buildings and how pretty the colorful pots of flowers are. I'm anxious to find out what your theme will be! Hugs!

Dee said...

Dear Carol, we, too, have blue skies this week--with lots of sunshine. On overcast days I have to convince myself to be productive!

The bodegas display just lifted my heart --it simply proclaims that Spring is coming, coming, coming, almost here! Thanks for that. Peace.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Greetings from Singapore! I'm intrigued to hear about your new A-Z challenge theme good luck! Wren x

Cranberry Morning said...

What a nice walk, with beautiful blue skies. I'm hoping to get that here today. And I hear you've got another winter storm. Not fun! Still, I hope you'll have a good weekend.

Anne Payne said...

Looks like a gorgeous day, for sure! They are few and far between this spring. Looking forward to a nice one today though. Blessings~

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful pictures.