Powered by Blogger.

A Rite of Spring: The Blogging from A to Z Challenge


Though New York City is under a second storm watch in less than a week, I'm beginning to look towards spring. Yes, my boots are ready for a foot of snow and I've got hat, gloves and scarf on standby, but March is moving right along. St. Patrick's Day is less than two weeks away and Passover and Easter are both a little over three weeks way.

It's not high up on most people's calendars, but it's one of the big events of the year in Buttercupland, the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Throughout the month of April I join with 1500+ bloggers and post 26 times, one post for every letter in the alphabet. I first joined the Challenge in 2013, and with the exception of 2017 when I completely ran out of steam I completed the posts. It's not mandatory, but it is highly recommended to select a theme. My favorite was the coffee theme of 2016. I'm saving my theme announcement for the official theme reveal day, March 19. It's not going to be coffee again, but for coffee fans in Buttercupland, there will be coffee.


 
There will also be fun. I've started to do a little exploring and take some preliminary pictures and Citizens of Buttercupland, we're going to have fun. One small hint: O is for Oddfellows Ice Cream Co. 
 
Today was errand day and I joined thousands of other New Yorkers stocking up before the storm, which is a winter ritual. I am very fortunate, in that I could refresh almost all of my grocery needs by walking literally one block -- not even thinking about delivery -- but like Mother Hubbard, my cupboard was (close to) bare.  I'm restocked for baking, for fruits and vegetables and I have a vat of yogurt.  
 
As ever, thanks for visiting. Keep cozy -- spring is almost here, for good.  

12 comments

Theresa said...

That's a great challenge. I will be watching. Hope you don't get too much Wintery weather. It is raining here and supposed to get cold again. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Joy Nissen said...

I can't wait to see where this challenge will lead you!! I love your posts!!

Denise said...

I am skipping the challenge this year. Gave it lots of thought, though. Have fun in yours.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'll be looking forward to your A-Z posts! Stocking up had become a way of life here in northern Ohio. Winters can be brutal. Yes, I am like you looking forward to Spring !

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I always like your A-Z posts!

Janet said...

Looking forward to your offerings this year. I'll be there too.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, here in the Mid-West, we are just having wind gales and chill. Back East, you are bearing the brunt of these winter storms. When I used to live in Minnesota, I stocked up before every blizzard, so I know about the bare pantries and the trip to the grocery store. Also, the making of wonderful tasty soup on the blizzard day itself and the baking of whole wheat bread to accompany it.

I wanted to tell you that I'll be in touch because "Prayer Wasn't Enough," my convent memoir, will be published on March 21. So just 15 days left to get the word out! I'm excited. I so hope it will find readers interested in a young woman's idealism and struggle for perfection.

I've never participated in the A to Z but I've loved reading the posts, especially when they follow a theme. So go for it! Peace.

Susie said...

Carol, I am praying for everyone in the northeast. Please be safe if you go out. Spring is very near, so this nasty weather can't last much longer. Stay warm. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Are you getting more snow?

TARYTERRE said...

this winter has been a bad one. spring is anxiously awaited. glad you are all stocked up.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

A to Z sounds like great fun!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the A-Z challenge! I know you are weary of the cold and nasty weather. We have rain this weekend. Hope you have a pleasant night. xoxo Mildred