Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Spends Sunday in Sydney


The Sydney Harbour Bridge

I'm happy to rejoin my friends at Pink Saturday for a sunny Sunday in Sydney. How's that for alliteration? I had the good fortune to spend five days in Sydney -- and I happily would have spent 55 days in Sydney. It was beautiful, people were friendly and there was so much to see. I switched hotels during my stay and spent the last two days at a hotel in The Rocks. This neighborhood is the site of the first European settlement in Australia and it reminded me of the downtown area of Manhattan. 
 
On weekends a crafts market takes place and I had a great time looking at very creative things. I'd been looking at t-shirts throughout Australia and wanted something a little "different." I found a shirt with an emu feather, unlike any I'd seen during my trip. I also had a great time talking with the talented designer. 
 
I enjoyed looking at the hats at this booth, but as I'd already bought a new hat -- my old small brimmed hat just wasn't working in Australia -- this was a strictly looking stop.


I returned to the area on Monday morning for breakfast and coffee. It was a beautiful summer day and I enjoyed my al fresco meal and lingered to take in the morning and the historic buildings across the street. As a coffee fan Australia was close to paradise. I never had an average cup of coffee -- maybe once -- and there were a number of times I had great coffee. There was a fabulous place in Cairns, on the Great Barrier Reef, where I spent enough time to get a "frequent drinker" card.  
 
I've had several requests to post about my "koala cuddling" time and I'm putting together a post about my visit with Kiki, the koala. I will be posting it in the next few days. 
 
I can't say I'm over jet lag, but I'm able to get more accomplished every day. I'm not quite ready to book another far-away trip, but the thoughts of jet lag and flights should fade totally by March and all that will remain will be very happy memories.     

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a happy and healthy week. 
 

11 comments

Terra said...

Sydney sounds like a great city to visit and those hats would have attracted me. I have lots of hats but can always use one more.

Jim said...

Great to see your shots of my city. Cheers.

TARYTERRE said...

great pics. hats would have attracted me as well.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Glad you had a super time in Sydney, I always do too. It's great to see where you've been.
Wren x

Theresa said...

What a wonderful visit to Sydney! I know you enjoyed it SO much! I will look forward to the koala post:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a wonderful trip you had. I have not been there but friends and one of my daughters have and they raved about it also.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thoughts of enjoying coffee outside on a warm sunny summer day are wonderful. Guess you had a lovely escape from winter. Looks like a great place to visit . So glad you could share the pictures. By the way one of my sons had his first visit to NYC last weekend and loved it. He was there for a conference but was able to see a lot and ride the subway!

Pam said...

Great city to visit, and too bad it's so far for us here in Chicago area. I'm sure you could easily fill 55 days there! :-) Great photos!

Dee said...

Dear Carol, I'm eager to see the T-shirt you got in Sidney. Traveling so far on a plane sounds daunting to me,
but I expect that at heart you are an explorer! You would have been on the ship that took Magellan around the world! I see that in all your postings about New York City. Take care. Rest. Recuperate. And then begin planning your next venture/adventure beyond the states. Peace.

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't realize how colorful it was. You were enjoying summer while your fellow New Yorkers were having winter. Glad you had a nice time. sandie

Annesphamily said...

A wonderful trip. It must be hard trying to adjust back to your own time after such a long ago between your home and there. But somehow I feel you thought it was worth the inconvenience. Have a beautiful week and thank you for sharing your fabulous trip with everyone. HUGS