Powered by Blogger.

Happy 5778


"For the Lord thy G'd bringeth thee into a good land...a land of wheat and barley,
and vines and fig trees and pomegranates."
 Deuteronomy 8 7:8 
 
The Jewish new year -- 5778 -- begins at sunset tonight. With this celebration begins ten days of prayer, repentance and reflection. It's a time to recharge, reflect and grow closer to G'd and those we love. It's also a time to pray. As I've written before my congregation's services are long, from three to four hours. The prayers and music are beautiful, but despite my very best intentions my mind wanders. I've found that bringing a list of prayer requests is the best way for me to refocus during the service. I would be honored to bring any requests you have with me tomorrow morning, Friday and next Saturday on Yom Kippur. 
 
My wishes to all for good health, happiness and a sweet new year, and a heartfelt prayer for peace on earth. 


8 comments

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy New Year, Carol!

I hope the services are special and bring you closer to God.

From the Kitchen said...

Happy New Year to you! Such a long history.

Best,
Bonnie

TARYTERRE said...

Happy Rosh Hashanah.

Sybil said...

My thoughts prayers and love are with you at this special time of your year. May you feel Gods presence now and throughout the year..xx

Theresa said...

Wishes for a new year of good health and happy days! HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Believe it or not, the radio station I listen to each morning had a shofar playing on the broadcast today. Wishing your much happiness and a sweet New Year too. Please add my prayer for healing and restoration for all those affected by the hurricane and earthquakes to your list. Thank you !

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are always such a sweet friend to offer to pray for us. I would appreciate prayers for my husband's mother...she is getting older and very frail. Enjoy your week and these special holy days. Hugs, Diane

Susie said...

Carol, I will look up Yom Kippur... If I could ask for a prayer for my daughter Kathy, please. She is starting a new life for herself...needs a job and a safe home near her job. Plus everyone effected by the storms and quake. Thank you so much. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie