Powered by Blogger.

Twenty-Two Point Seven and Counting

William Seward looks out from his seat in Madison Square Park 

Without planning it, I seemed to have taken a "blogcation" for the last few weeks. I've kept accumulating ideas and photographs, but not producing actual posts. No fear, I'm not leaving blogging and I'm even planning to get over to Coffee Light and Mysteries Noir for a very long overdue post.

I had a wonderful day with friends last Saturday in the "Flatiron" District, the area of Manhattan that is home to the Flatiron Building, one of the most iconic skyscrapers in the world. It is to the right of where I am standing as I took the picture of William Seward featured above. Alas, I didn't take a picture when I was in the neighborhood and the building deserves a post of its own.

Looking north towards the Empire State Building

One of the things I did do last Saturday was walk. My Mile A Day (or More) in May equaled 22.7 miles for the first week of the month. The weather was cooperative and I planned extra walking around the city as I did my errands. How are all the rest of the Buttercupland walkers doing?

After my day in the Flatiron area I went home to watch the Kentucky Derby on television. On my way to the subway I passed a very elegant Derby Day party at Eleven Madison Park, one of the loveliest restaurants in New York City. I have only eaten there once, but the memory stays with me. It looked like a very fun party and I enjoyed giving it a Waterlogue look.


Today the weather doesn't match last Saturday's sun. The forecast is for heavy rain and wind. It's the second Saturday of the month and I'm joining synagogue friends for our monthly study. I'm also joining my  Pink Saturday friends for blog fun and good times.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and have a great weekend!

3 comments

Joanne said...

We have been having such dreary weather lately so we've been inside more than I would like. Such lovely photos!

Lynda said...

That first picture could be a postcard. It is beautiful!

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Does look like a lavish event that hearkens to days of old. And everyone has to have a blogcation at some point. Welcome back!
Caneyhead: My Handsome Man