Powered by Blogger.

When You Wish Upon the South Star

As, I'm sure, those who know a lot more -- or even just a  little more -- about astronomy will tell you, there is no South Star.  But if there was a South Star -- equivalent to Polaris, the North Star -- next week I would be gazing at the night sky and tossing my wishes right to it.

I'm not usually one for selfies, but yesterday at the New York Times Travel Show I took a number of them. I was wishing for one that included penguins and I got my wish. I leave this Friday for Argentina and set sail on Sunday for a cruise that includes penguins and Antarctica. My dream destination for years has been Antarctica and after looking at trips for years and watching for a sale -- it was a quick three day sale -- I'm almost on my way.

I've bought my foot warmers for standing on the deck and taking pictures -- no cold feet for me! -- and have my reservations for my hotel in Buenos Aires the night before the cruise and a penguin expedition in Puerto Madryn, Argentina. I also discovered via Facebook tonight that a lovely couple I met on the cruise I took to Iceland and Norway three years ago will also be on this cruise. Foot warmers, penguins and friends -- can't ask for more.    
 
Enjoyed meeting my Panda friend. 

The travel show was a lot of fun. I shared the good time with my college roommate and we walked two miles through the Javits Center enjoying the thought of all the places we might travel. A safari was enticing, but I also found fun things in New York and Pennsylvania, which are definitely more doable.

There were exhibits from many countries, and this CoffeeGirl couldn't resist the one for coffee from Indonesia. I'm going to look for coffee from Sumatra during my coffee excursions in New York.

It's hard to believe that I will be leaving for South America in just four days. I've been dreaming of this trip for years and now it's less than a week away. I've got a number of errands yet to do, another yoga class, a medical appointment and a few more blog posts to write. I'm hoping to post while I'm away and share the scenery of Antarctica with Buttercupland.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

 

14 comments

Paula said...

I'm envious of your trip. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Have fun!! And safe travels!

Ruth said...

Hi Carol,

nice fotos of you. You should take more selfies.

I´m happy for you that you´re able to fulfill your dream. Have a nice trip. I´m excited to see the fotos.

Greetings from germany.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that your dream is coming true. I wish you safe travel and a marvelous time.

Devilish Angel said...

Hi Carol, lovely photos. Have a safe and joyful trip. Expecting your travel photos...

Denise said...

I've seen some wonderful videos of Antarctica. Lucky you to go there. Have fun.

TARYTERRE said...

I have always entertained the notion of seeing Antartica too. You have a wonderful trip. Be warm, safe and have a terrific time. And don't forget to tell us all about it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How exciting! Have a wonderful trip and tell us all about it when you return. OR....stop by and get me on your way! heehee! Hugs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my ! hope you have a wonderful trip!

Mevely317 said...

Antarctica?! I'm so thrilled for you! :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Have a wonderful time and quiet and safe seas, Carol. It will be amazing! WE have friends here whose daughter is a scientist and she spent many seasons on Antarctica.

Mimi said...

Oh my! What a wonderful trip. Enjoy.

justsayin'319 said...

Travel Mercy Carol...waiting for photos and don't drink any coffee made from monkey's dung that contains coffee beans...that's nasty!

justsayin'319 said...

Travel Mercy Carol...waiting for photos and don't drink any coffee made from monkey's dung that contains coffee beans...that's nasty!

Anne Payne said...

A cruise to Antarctica sounds amazing!!! I can't wait to see photos. Have fun and be safe!!! :-)