Powered by Blogger.

The Journey of 1000 Miles...

Starts with putting on my sneakers!

Have purple sneakers, will walk!

I began 2017 with several goals. The first is walking 1000 miles during the year. For social media purposes I'm calling it The Journey of 1,000 Miles, or in blog shorthand for the future, #1000miles. The premise is pretty simple. I walk an average of 2.8 miles for 365 days -- no days off really -- and I will have walked a thousand miles. Actually, I will have walked 1,022 miles.

In both rain and snow I've been out walking This month I've walked 52.3 miles so far, so I'm right on track for my goal. Some days are daunting and I think this may not work at all. But once I get walking -- and it's not slippery out -- the steps happen pretty easily. I walked a lot in 2016;  846 miles since May when I started tracking -- but I was concerned that I would slack off when it got cold. The #1000miles was a way to reinvigorate my fitness goals for this year.

So far I've done all of my walking in New York City this year, but next month that will change. I'm going to walk in at least one other country and another continent and I'm estimating five or six other states during the year, including one I've never traveled to. I'm two weeks away from my next trip and I'm doing a blog post soon to write about it. The trip will go to warm and cold places, so I'm packing ski mittens and shorts.

It rained today, but I was out to try a new coffee place and walk around the Chelsea neighborhood for my next blog post. Definitely time to get back to coffee tasting again, and it was delicious.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and keep cozy!

  

9 comments

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming travels. Just hearing about your afternoon coffee makes me want a cup! Have a pleasant night.

TARYTERRE said...

You have more motivation than most. The sneakers are inspirational. LOVE them. Great color.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a super goal you have. We've been fortunate here and weather has not been a problem. Hopefully you will not be walking on snow or ice anytime soon. Take care and don't slip and fall. Winter weather can be terrible at times and I stay in on those days. I love your purple shoes!

Melinda said...

Great job!
Love the shoes.
I wear a pedometer most days and
it does amaze one how much movement
goes on each day.

M : )

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is a wonderful goal, Carol! Walking is the best exercise. It sounds like you also have exciting travel plans this year--enjoy!

Anne Payne said...

Carol, I love your sneakers! You're such an inspiration. I need to get my fitness tracker out of the drawer and start walking again. I'm going to do it!

Since I know nothing about New York City or where you are in approximation to anything, maybe you will walk to East 57th Street one day and take pictures of Hammacher Schlemmer for me. I just found them on the internet and ordered a catalog. Seems they carry a little of everything, even some sneakers I might be able to wear. :)

Enjoy your walks and be safe!

Unknown said...

I love the color.
Your goal sounds great. Good luck.

Theresa said...

You GO GIRL! That is an awesome goal! Enjoy this day in your beautiful city! HUGS!

Devilish Angel said...

Great goal Carol. Purple is my fav color...